× Members

waiting long for a decision (PIP review)

More
3 months 4 days ago #292769 by CRG2024
my PIP review forms came early this year and I submitted all the relevant forms / Dr reports etc at the beginning of April and I received a text message on 05/04 as follows: "About your PIP review": the health professional has sent us their report. We will make a decision on your PIP, but it may take 6 x weeks before you her from us. You will continue to get PIP while your award is being reviewed. You only need to contact us if your circumnstances change.

As I unederstand it, this means that they have accepted the forms / paper work / reports etc. and that they have all the informaiton that they need, therefore a decision needs to be made

6 x weeks would have been the 17th of May, it is now 11 x weeks.

My PIP award itself is valid until the beginning of next year (I initally throught that the review forms would come through towards the end of the year)

your newsletter from 19/06 had this story Ruth could have been waiting even longer for a review decision, as the DWP neglected to tell her they had made one. She now has a 10 year award of the enhanced rate of both components and has vowed to remain a Benefits and Work member for life.

I am wondering if a decision has been made. My review forms and support reports should lead to the same level award and I am wondering whether this maybe the case, but I have not been told.

Would you recommend that I keep on waiting or should I apprach the DWP and ask if a decision has been made? TBH - my stress levels went through teh roof filling in the forms etc so it is nice that I have not had interaction with them for a while....

Are there a lot of people in my situation? What should I do?

Many thanks for your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #292773 by BIS
Hi CRG2024

I think you have to do what feels right for you. The only way to determine whether a decision has been made is to call and ask. It will depend on whether you can cope with the potential stress of making the call.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 days ago #292799 by CRG2024
Replied by CRG2024 on topic waiting long for a decision (PIP review)
COULD SOMEOME PLEASE READ MY ORIGINAL POST, AND LET ME KNOW WHAT "RUTH - WHO HAD BEEN WAITING VENE LONGER FOR A DECISION WAS ADVISED TO DO? DID SHE CALL TO FIND OUT?

More
3 months 2 days ago #292807 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic waiting long for a decision (PIP review)
I've been waiting too, since querying the medical report before the DMs have seen it. Atos ( has a new name) totally misrepresented what I'd said in the phone assessment. I recorded the interview.

I've phoned DWP to be told they've extended the award till next year pending a decision. I returned my PIP review via recorded delivery in Nov 23! So I'm just waiting, trying to forget about it but knowing I'll probably go to tribunal. I don't fear the latter cos things have happened at my practice since Hunt started the PIP changes, caused issues within professional circles so I'm not sure what's going on - just know I can only rely on the insight, professionalism and training of my GP. I see a consultant in a few weeks ( waited since last year) so maybe why there is a delay? Only trust my GP to assess the medical info. As an ex DWP clerical officer I know I can't trust the DWP!! This site is good - lots of guidance and support so you and I are not alone in this demeaning process. You could phone DWP - jot down anything they say and who said it.

More
3 months 2 days ago #292811 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic waiting long for a decision (PIP review)
CRG2024,

Whilst I understand your frustration, shouting (Using capital letters) won`t help your cause. People on here want to, like to, help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minxtabb, Gary

More
3 months 4 hours ago #292854 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic waiting long for a decision (PIP review)
Hi CRG2024

Unless Ruth posts a message we have no idea.

I have been informed by a client today that he has been in contact with DWP to find out what is happening with his MR and he was told it is taking up to 15 weeks to get a decision sent out.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.