× Members

backdated money

• ann
  • Topic Author
14 years 4 months ago #19525 by ann
backdated money was created by ann
hi,
I was taken off my incapacity benifit last july, I have now won my appeal and was wondering if anyone can help me with this question, can they take into account your dla or mobility money when they backdate your ib that they owe you, have just been on the phone to my local office and she said they will sent a letter out to see how I'v been living, they know my husband works, please help me as I will be devistaed if I don't get my money backdate
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19528 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:backdated money
As Incapacity Benefit is non-means tested I can't see how they can take into account any other money that you've had coming into the house during the period of being taken off IB and the appeal decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 4 months ago #19530 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:backdated money
Hi Ann,

Being in receipt of DLA mobility or care component should have no effect on the IB arrears that you're owed.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 4 months ago #19531 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:backdated money
Sorry Gareth, you reply wasn't there when I started typing.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 4 months ago #19532 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:backdated money
Gareth wrote:

As Incapacity Benefit is non-means tested I can't see how they can take into account any other money that you've had coming into the house during the period of being taken off IB and the appeal decision.

You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the situation. IB as a non-means tested benefit does not overlap with DLA under any circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 4 months ago #19534 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:backdated money
Gosh must be a record. Three moderators replying at any one time!

Thankfully we have all came up with the same response to the OP's question.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.