× Members

Bias in Awards, challenge?

More
14 years 1 week ago #21163 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Bias in Awards, challenge?
Jima1 wrote:

Hi,

Technically, all decisions on entitlement to social security benefits are made by the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, but they delegate the decisions to Decision Makers, who receive guidance from the Decision Makers Guide,
which is updated regularly.

You can join their mailing list free of charge by e-mailing : LEGAL GROUP DMA Leeds Mailing List <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

When it was the Dept of Social Security (DSS), decisions were made by Adjudication Officers who were statutory bodies in their own right.

Crazydiamond one of our moderators was a former Adjudication Officer for the DSS, so may wish to add a comment.

Hope this explains things, although as Steve states, it's not really within our remit.

Best wishes.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Decision makers who can also act as administrative officers, make judicial decisons on behalf of the Secretary of State in accordance with the Social Security Act 1998, and also in conjunction with the legislation as defined in the Social Security Administration Act 1992.

Regards,
CD

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 1 week ago #21165 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Bias in Awards, challenge?
Hi CD,

Thanks for your clarification.

Many thanks and trust you are reasonably well.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 1 week ago #21167 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Bias in Awards, challenge?
Hi Jim,

Yes, I am reasonably well at the moment and I hope you are the same?

My main problem is my lousy broadband connection which is only 295kbps (0.2mg) at the moment at best, and is constantly dropping out. My ISP is currently checking it out, but they think it may be a fault at the exchange, in which case I am at the hands of BT Openreach who currently have a backlog of faults to rectify.

Regards,
CD

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.