× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 8 months ago #31223 by MammaT
Oh Milly - WELL DONE.

What a horrible position to be in and how self-defeating for the government as they'll have to pay housing benefit anyway.

I just have been reading your thread and thinking how dreadful for you, and others who are disabled and in the same position. But also how awful for those who are not disabled but now face losing their homes as they will be seen as having made themselves 'intentionally homeless' by the local council so will not be priority for housing.

Do you think they may look at not classing disabled people as a priority when thousands need housing due to this mortgage interest reduction?

Sorry to be depressing but what in God's name is going on? Parliament's are notorious for being short-sighted and only 'planning' for a 4 year term but this seems completely crazy as they're only a few months in and all this will come back to bite them sooner than they think.

But by then, hopefully, all this will be behind you. I wish you well Milly, and I hope the valuations etc are going well so that you can 'free yourself' and move on.

Teresa
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #31258 by millymoo
Hi Teresa

Thank you so much for your support, i burst into tears when i read it, i was really in need of a friendly word. It has been one of those days and its not even mid day yet!! I have tried to tidy around before estate agent comes just in case they want to take any photo's today. I had a knock on the door, a lady from the council wanting to look around and was checking i lived on my own!!! Well appart from the dog and chickens i am on my own!! I am wondering if someone has told them that i have someone here with me. Has anyone else had council round? They seem to come to me every 6 months to check!!

For some reason i am having a very weepy day, i just hope i can hold it back when estate agent comes, i am not telling them why i am selling as i dont want them to under value for a quick sale. I think it is hitting me today, its real now!!

Golly what would i do without this site!!!

Thank you so much for your support, i really appreciate it!

Mm :unsure:
More
13 years 8 months ago #31314 by MammaT
Oh I'm so sorry to have made you cry - even if it wasn't exactly me but your bad day.

You are doing really well but how typical of the council to send a snooper. It's probably because your on their books (almost) so to speak.

Don't forget the estate agent will be working for you so choose one you can talk to and not one who wants to run it all his/her way. It's difficult for us to assert ourselves sometimes and you are going to get emotional as people are going to be poring over your home and that's been part of you. Try to hone your 'thick skin' mode (also works with council officials who are a bit too officious).

I hope your day is getting a bit brighter and that you have a large packet of biscuits in to curl up with a cuppa later on when it's over. :P

Teresa.
More
13 years 8 months ago #31325 by Francis
Hi Milly
I get an unannounced visit from a Council snooper at least once a year too - And I have lived completely alone for 20 years. I don't even have visitors to stay! I'm weepy too - it is all getting too much.
Love Francis x
More
13 years 8 months ago #31340 by carole
Hope all goes well with the estate agents today and tomorrow Mm. Be kind to yourself and curl up with the dog, alongside the cuppa and biscuits, for comfort
Me too very weepy today
Take care
Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #31670 by millymoo
Hi Francis

I guess it makes you paranoid when someone wants to look round your home, i have nothing to hide but can they just do this? Even the police need a search warrant!!! Its not even 6 months since they were last here! It makes you wonder if its a neighbour and if thats the case i am pleased that i will be moving!!! I dont claim anything that i shouldnt (i like to sleep at night).

They just knock on your door out of the blue, what if you are not in? But then i guess if we are sick and disabled then we are not allowed to go out or have any fun whatsoever, or we are classed as cheats and scroungers!! Hey they could be checking to see if i have a flat screen tv DD and Survivor!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm
sad people!!!

Feeling much better today and i hope you are too, sending you a big hug. :)

Mm :)
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.