× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #30187 by millymoo
Hi Doris

Thnk you for your reply, i have now registered with the site and i am going to try and get as much advice as i can over the weekend before i speak tothe housing advice team on mon!!!!

I cant believe all the replies and support i am recieving from members and moderators on this site. Its difficult to talk to people you know about all the problems that i have, but i do feel that we are all here for each other without feeling judged and nobody patronises or belittles any situation. All this support has helped me to continue and is keeping me sane!!!!!

Mm :)
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago #30188 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm
Also to everyone else on this thread who is the same situation as Mm. I've been offline for some weeks due to major problems with internet problems but am now up & running again.
I just wanted to extend my sympathies to you all with the horrible situation your are in. I can only guess at how you are feeling & coping but if the determination & strength of will you are all displaying is inspiring.
My very best wishes to you all that sooner rather than later your fight for somewhere affordable & suitable will be successful.
maggie
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #30361 by millymoo
Hi Maggie

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am drawing my strength and determination from this site moderators and members, without their support i would have dug my head in the sand and given up. But why should we? All of what is happening is ultimatly going to hit the government at some point, when thousands of people are homeless and they cant house everyone.

The only thing i have in my favour (if you can call it that) is my disability, it would look dreadful if i was to be made homeless and on the streets or any other person with a disability. Fortunately the council have confirmed that i wont be homeless!!!!

Thank you for you support
Mm :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #30645 by millymoo
Hi all

Latest update!!! I have made a decision to put my house up for sale!!! I am making arrangements for 4 estate agents to give me valuations for a quick sale, hopefully i may cover what i owe on my mortgage.

In the meantime the housing advice team are now heavily involved and are wrting to my lender to advise that appart from what HB are paying they will receive nothing else. They will ask my lender not to write to me as the HAT are taking over any corespondance with them. This wil allow me to just sit back for a while and concentrate on selling my property.

I wasnt aware but HAT dont normally get involved until you are well in arrears so i am grateful for their support so early on. I will also be awarded extra points for allocation of housing for using their services. I feel so much more in control now and look forward to selling and starting a fresh.

Mm :laugh:
More
13 years 8 months ago #30647 by tommo
Hey Milly.. Looking good in a way really.... But I'm so surprised it's come to this and there's no help in keeping you in your home.. So will the rent be paid in full when you move into council accommondation..?
Tony
More
13 years 8 months ago #30650 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm
I'm so pleased to hear that something positive is now happening for you. I'm sure it'll still be a wrench for you to leave your home but you sound very upbeat about it. Will you be able to call upon the help of family &/or friends to help with the move when it happens?
Best wishes
maggie
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.