× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29423 by millymoo
Hi cOOkered

I appreciate your input, i guess when you posted previously i was in blind panic, not quite sure which way to turn. Although i am in the same stuation now at least i feel more in control of my circumstances.

Even when i lose my home and go into rented property i will once again face the 10% reduction, so its catch 22 once again!!! I think i was more shocked because i hadnt expected it to happen yet.

While the sun still shines and i have breath in my body, i will be eternally grateful!!! It is one thing nobody can take away from any of us!!! Some things in life are free lol!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29441 by millymoo
Hi Shaznay

Have you taken any advice on getting a lodger, it is something that i have considered as i have 2 spare bedrooms!!! My only problem with that is i only have 1 toilet/bathroom and i have severe crohn's disease so it wouldnt be ideal!!! But i have thought about appling for a grant as i really need a downstairs toilet. It would be interesting to know if your housing/council tax are affected!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
  • shaznay
13 years 8 months ago #29443 by shaznay
Looked on website of ESA and what counts as an income, basically if i do not declare rent earned from a lodger approx 75 pound a week I could be considered as a benefit cheat, I am allowed to keep the first £20 and they will deduct the rest from my ESA,also having a lodger may implicate my Council tax single allowance so I may not be better off.

I inland revenue would allow me to earn just over 4000 Pounds, the issue is not the tax but the benefits cut either way, unless some advisers here know differently.

I feellike I am caught between a rock and a hard place. So I wait till I get into arears and deal with it.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29444 by millymoo
Hi Shaznay

I really appreciate your help with this!! I am not going to do it then, what the heck do they expect us to do? They are not even allowing us to help ourselves to afford the payments!!!

Oh well i only see 1 option which is to pay what i can afford towards my mortgage, put my property up for sale and just hope i sell before it is repossessed!!! What a situation for us to be in. It concerns me that some disabled will not be able to cope with the pressure of all this. It sickens me to think we have worked all our life to buy a property, for what?

I will go with the flow because if i think about it too much it will have a major impact on my disabilities. Hey if you cant change a situation its a waste of emotion worrying about it!!!

Thank you for your help
Mm :)a smile costs nothing but within the next few weeks that may well change lol!!!
More
13 years 8 months ago #29455 by c00kered
Hi millymoo

I would be in more than a blind panic if I was in your situation it's hard to understand how anyone can be treated so cruelly it's truly heartbreaking.

I have already e-mailed my mp asking him to provide the detailed arrangements which have been put into place to re-house all the people who the government are making homeless - needless to say I have not received a reply because as we all know there are none.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29505 by millymoo
Hi cOOkered

I have also involved my mp but to date i have not had a response!! I guess they are all busy but they will be much busier once all this takes effect! I dont think they have even considered how they propose to house everyone once they lose their property!!! I dont hink it would look especially good having the sick and disabled on the streets homeless!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing yet!!!
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.