× Members

OMG! I can't believe it!

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #33297 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: dla
Let me see if I can explain about the window shopping.

One of the things that is taken into account when assessing how much help you need for DLA purposes is the need for help with social activities. This might be going to meet friends, going to an evening class, going to a place of worship etc. One thing might be going to a shopping centre and looking round. You can't get DLA for shopping, because Lord Denning thought that that was something a wife or daughter should do for a claimant (!), but window shopping wouldn't be shopping.

Obviously, you wouldn't get DLA for help just with window shopping and I'm not sure how the DWP would react if they got a flood of applications from people who all wanted help to go window-shopping, but it's an example of what is or isn't relevant to DLA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #33305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
ann

Did you have a examination?

If not then the statement "no tenderness in spinal parts for last 16 years" is not reasonable and should be contested.

Turning the question around, you say that you have pain in this area. what is the effect of this? How are you linited in what you do by this pain? You need to map this onto the descriptors in the DLA documents in the members area.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #33313 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Re: dla
hi steve now i understand i explained on my last form that i don,t go out much do to my hubby being ill and that i was unsure how i would feel if i went out on my own i feel restricted to staying home because of my condition as i said which i have had for the last 16 years painkillers seem to do no good anymore i also suffer coeliac,s disease so am worried all the medication i have taken could harm me as i do get pains sometimes in my stomache after taking them i cannot get any help from anybody to find out what would be the best course to take on finding out if i could qualify for dla and who would be best to help me fill in my claim form so i could try and get any help to claim i also stated i have still got 4 kids at home that i have to look after who cares about them if you are ill and as for housework and cooking for 1 person who thought of that for ill people looking after the family does this not mean my kids at 9/10 have to iron/wash clothes/cook themselfs meals and so,on if i am unable to look after them myself i struggle to do day to day chores like cleaning and ironing/washing.making beds/plus all the otherthings that come with day/day living i also don,t cook a meal for myself from scratch as this put,s more pressure on my back how can you sit down to cook a meal who thinks up these silly idea,s have the people who make these forms ever had to do these simple chores they find easy on a day/day living with ever having to try these chores themselves if they were in pain constantly or is this just another way of the goverment saying it,s your problem for working long hours and days to earn a living so degerative problems are your fault as well we can,t all help it if our bodies are telling us to slow down i did,nt ask to get ill it happens with age 55 only and ready for k........... yard i don,t want to ask for help but i feel i am just wasting away could,nt go back to work even if i tried do to my body been no good please please find me some sort off solution to this before i go mad with this constant pain regards and any help fully appriecated

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #33316 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
hi again steve yes i had an x.ray not so long ago to determine the cause of pain and my results said wear and tear in L2/3 L3/4/L4/5 DISC,S i don,t understand all this but i know i am in pain down my spine and find this restricts what i can do on a day to day basics but when i put this down on my form i still get it back saying no i am not able to claim

• millymoo
13 years 5 months ago #33335 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
Hi Ann

Just a thought!! Each time you have been turned down for DLA have you ever gone to appeal? The reason i ask is because statisics prove that an awful lot of applications for DLA fail the 1st time. I made this mistake i applied several times and each time i was declined. The last time i appealed and went to tribunal, i was awarded DLA middle rate care and this was a unanimous decision.

Good luck
Mm :)

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #33361 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
hi thanks for message no i never appealled because i thought it would still go the same way but i am hoping to fill inthe form again and if i get refused i will appeal this time regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.