× Members

OMG! I can't believe it!

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #33480 by ann
Replied by ann on topic re dla
hi steve sent message to you earlier saying x.ray done forgot to mention doctor did the reflect test the other day but i noticed my legs or ankles never jumped when he tapped them like they did before what does this mean as he never said anything about this but then he stroked his finger on my leg near the ankle and asked me if i could feel that and i said yes but i am still none the wiser he also asked if i could touch my toes but i could reach my knees but with pain so does this mean i am not ill i also phoned the dla last week and asked them to supply information on why i was refused dla and they still have,nt replied how long does it take to send me the report regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #33490 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Re: dla
hi i think i understand what you mean about the window shopping but i don,t go out much now because i am always riddled with pain sometimes i think my doctor must think it,s all in my head but what i cannot understand is that my hubby gets mobility part of the dla for osteoartritis in his hips when he got diognosed with depression and astma plus diabetis he got told to reapply to see if they could higher this with the care part and he got refused welfare rights also told him he could lose this if he tried for the care part so he just left it as he felt intimidated and it made him more depressed and he felt suicidal all the time i had to make sure he was never left alone and i cared for all his needs but never once did i get any help offered he also had a mental breakdown and was addmitted to hospital for this then went as an outpatient for a while but this made him worse so i looked after him instead all this as now taken its toll on me but who do you trust to help with these cases nine years seems along time for me to put up with all this now it,s my turn to be ill but wheres the help when you need it

More
13 years 5 months ago #33498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
Ann

You really need to see someone face to face, such as your local CAB or a Welfare Rights Officer.

I am afraid that you are asking questions that no one here can answer.

From what you have described so far, I would think you have a good case for DLA but your application needs to be correctly phrased for it to be successful and we just can't help you do this in a forum thread.

Please let us know how you get on.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ann
13 years 5 months ago #35351 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Re:OMG! I can't believe it!
hi thanks for info decided to have another go at filling in my form sent it with medical notes from doctor also explained in more detail how the pain does,nt ease even when pills taken it,s like a toothache that does,nt go away i am not saying i am too ill to walk but i have tried to be as honest as i can so just waiting now i also explained that my hubby suffers with the same problem besides other medical problems and told them that i still have young children at home and who looks after them when both parents are ill they are only 9 and 10 then 2 older boys 15 and 16 who go to school and collage except at the moment the 15 year old is off school with a broken foot so he can,t help with anything and as usual it,s down to me to try and do my best will keep you up to date if i hear anything and also if i get refused again but this time i will appeal thanks for listening abou my moaning but nobody else listens and its just nice to be able to air my views regards

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #35367 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:re dla
ann wrote:

hi steve sent message to you earlier saying x.ray done forgot to mention doctor did the reflect test the other day but i noticed my legs or ankles never jumped when he tapped them like they did before what does this mean as he never said anything about this but then he stroked his finger on my leg near the ankle and asked me if i could feel that and i said yes but i am still none the wiser he also asked if i could touch my toes but i could reach my knees but with pain so does this mean i am not ill i also phoned the dla last week and asked them to supply information on why i was refused dla and they still have,nt replied how long does it take to send me the report regards

the x ray results you talk of show some damage to discs, the test he did with hammer and finger was to look at nerve damage or to see if the discs damage is trapping nerves in the back.

a ct or mri scan would be able to show if the damage ties in with the problems you report

how long have you had

osteoartritis in hips /back /and knees ?

do you know the date you first got tablets and saw a doc?

regards

dave

• pata1
13 years 5 months ago #35426 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:re dla
Hello Ann,

As Gordon has stated, it's really impossible for us to give advice on individual claims as is explained in FAQ Why can't you answer a question about my specific claim

If your local CAB cannot help, then try Community Legal Advice who should be able to put you in touch with a local adviser.

Hope this helps.

Pat :kiss:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.