× Members

The process has started!

• originaldave
12 years 10 months ago #60010 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:The process has started!
smc wrote:

smc wrote:

Well I got the phone call this morning.

The guy was fairly pleasant, said the form would arrive anytime within the next 5-6 weeks, couldn't say exactly when, and then I will have about a month to get it back to them.

He did try to tell me form was just like the ones I have done in the past, well having seen the ESA50 it is not "just like" the IB50!!! :dry:

I forgot to say I asked the guy about the two different groups, work related and support and he told me the support group was only for people with very severe illness/disability like terminal cancer and that most people will be in the work related group. Surely there are a lot of other conditions that are not terminal but where the person is so affected that they couldn't possibly work, surely they should be in support group?

In an ideal world yes, but thats not whats going to happen..., we all think we should be in the support group I think I should!!!!!!! my gut feeling is 8% will get in at the most .....and half of them wont get in till they appeal IMO
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #60014 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:The process has started!
smc wrote:

smc wrote:

Well I got the phone call this morning.

The guy was fairly pleasant, said the form would arrive anytime within the next 5-6 weeks, couldn't say exactly when, and then I will have about a month to get it back to them.

He did try to tell me form was just like the ones I have done in the past, well having seen the ESA50 it is not "just like" the IB50!!! :dry:

I forgot to say I asked the guy about the two different groups, work related and support and he told me the support group was only for people with very severe illness/disability like terminal cancer and that most people will be in the work related group. Surely there are a lot of other conditions that are not terminal but where the person is so affected that they couldn't possibly work, surely they should be in support group?

I've heard that one before.

Obviously DWP clerks haven't the faintest idea what the difference between the two groups are and the qualifying conditions.
More
12 years 10 months ago #60017 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:The process has started!
The media amd political focus on ESA recently was about cancer claimants. The wide perception is that you have to be exceptionally overwhelmingly ill to access the support group

In fact it is hard to access but that is as much because the DWP fail to identify, or the claimant or their advisors fail to try and nake it happen

In theory one can get into the SG on certain mental health grounds which would not under the old IB test have got one enough points to qualify at all.
More
12 years 10 months ago #60029 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:The process has started!
So people will be put in the WRAG whom really can't work and they will have to attend work-focused interview and it will no doubt become apparent work is not possible, do they stay in WRAG or will they get moved into SG?
More
12 years 10 months ago #60030 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:The process has started!
smc wrote:

So people will be put in the WRAG whom really can't work and they will have to attend work-focused interview and it will no doubt become apparent work is not possible, do they stay in WRAG or will they get moved into SG?

No, you stay in the WRAG unless you can show that you meet the SG criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 10 months ago #60032 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:The process has started!
So people are going to have to attend these interviews regularly(?) despite the fact there is no chance they can work, what a waste of everyone's time and effort. :dry:
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.