× Members

The process has started!

More
12 years 10 months ago #60393 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:The process has started!
millymoo wrote:

Hi SMC

I attended one course that went on over 3 days starting at 0930hrs until approx 3pm it really took its toll on me. On one of these days i spent more time in the toilet than listening to what was going on as i felt so ill. There was a cv half day, a motivation half day and about another 6 or so half days plus all the WFI 6 in total over the space of 12 months. If i am totally honest i didn't really get anything from them as i felt so ill and i was forcing myself to do these as i didn't think i had a choice, but for days after i found myself laid up as i was so exhausted. To be then placed into the support group, well it makes a total mockery of it all.

Hope this is of some help to you

Mm :) xx

Blimey MM, three days starting at 9.30am, no way I could cope with that. I usually don’t wake till around 9.30am, I could probably manage it one day but I would be fit for nothing the next day and there is no way I could cope being there until 3pm either. This is what concerns me if I am put on WRAG and not SG.

I recently had to attend the hospital for a course in pain management. It was three sessions one week apart and it was two hours at a time and it was horrendous, ironically I was in so much pain trying to sit there, and felt truly dreadful afterwards as all my symptoms had flared so much. :(
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #60648 by smc
Oh well the ESA50 arrived on my doormat this morning! It has to be back with them by 12th August. I have read the guides on here etc....but it is not till you have it in your hand you realise just how much smaller this form is!! Crazy!!!
More
12 years 9 months ago #61156 by smc
Just wondering how in depth people are when filling in the ESA50.

Last time I filled in an IB50 I was suffering with same symptoms but the diagnosis has changed in that time, should state this? If so should I state who changed the diagnosis and what treatments/medications have been used before what I am on now? Just not sure if this is appropriate or expected.
More
12 years 9 months ago #61158 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:The process has started!
Hi smc

You need to give a detailed and up-to-date account of your illness so it would be a good idea to state your change in diagnosis and who changed it, provided it helps your claim.

The ESA50 asks what medication you are taking so you need to state this. It's not too important to mention what you were on before as they are assessing you as you are at present, but if your level of medication has increased perhaps it would be helpful to state what you were taking before to show the increase.

Good luck

Derek
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 9 months ago #61163 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:The process has started!
This thread has I believe given as much information as we can offer with input of replies by moderators and members.

Therefore I'm locking this thread due to a shortage of moderators available.

Members can always start a new thread on this, if it's necessary at a later date.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 9 months ago #61165 by smc
I do understand the shortage of Moderators is a problem but isn't it better to keep things all in one thread instead of new ones being started? If someone else comes along who is new to ESA transfer, they can follow it from start to finish and may then not feel the need to start a thread.

Just a thought. :)
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.