× Members

Flying

More
12 years 10 months ago #64861 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Flying
Crazydiamond wrote:

The DWP do ask on income-related benefit claim forms how much money you actually have in your purse/wallet/pocket at any given time, and include it in the section entitled "About bank and building society accounts, savings and property!"

When I made a telephone claim for ESA and was asked how much cash I have in the house, I took the trouble to count it!

If they had any sense they would ask if you have cash of more than £50 or whatever figure they consider significant.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #64863 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Flying
bro58 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

The DWP do ask on income-related benefit claim forms how much money you actually have in your purse/wallet/pocket at any given time, and include it in the section entitled "About bank and building society accounts, savings and property!"

Is this a wind up CD, if not it's unbelievable!!!!.

cheers

bro58

No, it is unbelievably quite true!!!!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 10 months ago #64866 by Derek4
Fedup wrote:

'What a difference a day makes'

do they mean 24 hours? I would argue in court that a day is 24 hours!

Rachel :)

That's what I was wondering. If you leave home at 7pm, spend the night at the Ritz and then get home at 6:30pm the following day, have you been away for a day?
  • bro58
12 years 10 months ago #64868 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
Derek4 wrote:

Fedup wrote:

'What a difference a day makes'

do they mean 24 hours? I would argue in court that a day is 24 hours!

Rachel :)

That's what I was wondering. If you leave home at 7pm, spend the night at the Ritz and then get home at 6:30pm the following day, have you been away for a day?

Doesn't that depend if you were on a 12 hour, or a 24 hour clock.

It could also make a difference if you had flown across various time zones in your private jet!!!!

cheers

bro58
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #64871 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Flying
If you managed to spend a night at the Ritz as a benefit claimant especially as a recipient of means-tested benefits, the DWP would in all probabilities make it their business to find out as to where you obtained the money?

They are fast reaching a point in wanting to know everything about anything, including the far end of a f**t and which way it blows!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Crazydiamond.
More
12 years 10 months ago #64874 by Derek4
If a means-tested benefit claimant spends a night at the Ritz Hotel it's likely that they have a wealthy friend or relative that paid the bill. But regardless of who paid the bill or whether any rules were broken, I don't think the DWP would like it!
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris