× Members

Flying

More
12 years 8 months ago #64838 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Flying
When I was claiming JSA I was told that I have to inform JCP whenever I go away even if it's just for one night.

The difficulty of complying with this rule is knowing whether getting home at six in the morning counts as spending a night away from home or simply going home late!
The topic has been locked.
  • originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #64841 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Flying
Crazydiamond wrote:

Form BF1014 does exist as demonstrated in paragraph 21 of this Upper Tribunal decision.

I like the bit where it says even if you dont understand you must tell them (sect21)
  • bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64843 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
Hi,

It's also mentioned in form IB40 04/11, at page 10.

"Any changes to do with you,or your spouse or civil partner".

You must tell us, if you, or anyone you get extra money for. :

"Stays anywhere else".

"Goes abroad or is going abroad"

cheers

bro58
More
12 years 8 months ago #64845 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Flying
originaldave wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Form BF1014 does exist as demonstrated in paragraph 21 of this Upper Tribunal decision.

I like the bit where it says even if you dont understand you must tell them (sect21)

Yes, that is because ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #64847 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Flying
bro58 wrote:

Hi,

It's also mentioned in form IB40 04/11, at page 10.

"Any changes to do with you,or your spouse or civil partner".

You must tell us, if you, or anyone you get extra money for. :

"Stays anywhere else".

"Goes abroad or is going abroad"

cheers

bro58

The ESA40 which will eventually replace form IB40, clearly states on page 16 that you must let the DWP know if you "go away from home, even if it is for a day."

See Form ESA 40.

Bizarrely, you should also let the DWP know immediately if you die!!! :silly: :silly:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional information.
More
12 years 8 months ago #64848 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:Flying
Hello all
Where you go may affect your benefit. My son went abroad so lost 2 weeks JSA as expected, but as this was stopped then Council Tax was demanded off me! So I pay nothing while he is here and something whilst he is abroad, wierd. JSA want to know where you are in case they have a job for you, but ESA IB or IS may want you for a check or a medical or something. They insist you give them an address where you can be contacted so they can summon you. If you don't turn up for an appointment because you didn't know because you wern't at home you could have your benefit stopped, seen it happen.
Regards
Peter
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.