× Members

Flying

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #64928 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Flying
Thank you so very much Bro58, Derek and Crazydiamond for having answered my questions.
Regards

Quietlightning
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64931 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
lottie100 wrote:

Hi all

Does all the above regarding flying apply to D.L.A?

I do not have any of the other benifits.

Regards

Any actions that were contradictory to the limitations resulting from your conditions, that gave you your award of DLA, could be used to revoke or reduce an award, if DWP/ATOS became aware of them.

However it is not as "Black and White" as that, as there are many issues to be taken into account, as I have previously said, Re : Reasonable Regularity" of said actions, etc.

cheers

bro58
  • lottie100
12 years 8 months ago #64933 by lottie100
Replied by lottie100 on topic Re:Flying
Thank you bro58

So I have to inform them if I go abroad, not much chance of that but just interested.

It seems like you cannot have a life with a little excitement when you are on any benifit, hey-ho.
  • Ranald
12 years 8 months ago #64953 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Flying
I can't imagine how anyone can have cash to travel abroad, when in receipt of ESA.

Not having a go at anyone but i guess that is the difference between IB and a means tested benefit like ESA.

I am in the WRAG and appeared to upset the benefit delivery centre, by suggesting i attend college part-time, in order to re-train for sedentary work.

It seems we are supposed to be bedbound and at death's door to be a benefit claimant.

The guy on the phone even asked me ehy i would want to do anything when on ESA! Self worth and pride are obviously alien concepts to some of the DWP's finest.
  • bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64954 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
Ranald wrote:

I can't imagine how anyone can have cash to travel abroad, when in receipt of ESA.

Not having a go at anyone but i guess that is the difference between IB and a means tested benefit like ESA.

I am in the WRAG and appeared to upset the benefit delivery centre, by suggesting i attend college part-time, in order to re-train for sedentary work.

It seems we are supposed to be bedbound and at death's door to be a benefit claimant.

The guy on the phone even asked me ehy i would want to do anything when on ESA! Self worth and pride are obviously alien concepts to some of the DWP's finest.

Ranald,

Who told you that ESA was means tested?, Contributary ESA Benefit is not means tested.

The OP may have allowed capital etc, or the holiday may be getting financed by a family member.

The circumstance of the holiday are not for us to comment on.

The subject of you attending college is a totally different scenario, to going on holiday maybe once a year.

Hope you understand.

bro58
  • Ranald
12 years 8 months ago #64955 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Flying
@bro58

I should have made it clear in my initial post, that i was referring to ESA (IR).

I would make the observation, that if my post was in any way offensive, and i really didn't mean it to be. It needn't have been allowed.

I guess i have heard so much government propaganda on the one year time limit for ESA (Cont), that i had forgotten that it was still as yet, non-means tested.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.