× Members

Flying

• Ranald
12 years 8 months ago #64956 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Flying
@bro58

I should have made it clear in my initial post, that i was referring to ESA (IR).

I would make the observation, that if my post was in any way offensive, and i really didn't mean it to be. It needn't have been allowed.

I guess i have heard so much government propaganda on the one year time limit for ESA (Cont), that i had forgotten that it was still as yet, non-means tested.
The topic has been locked.
  • originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #64957 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Flying
Ranald wrote:

I can't imagine how anyone can have cash to travel abroad, when in receipt of ESA.

Not having a go at anyone but i guess that is the difference between IB and a means tested benefit like ESA.

easy pensions :)
  • bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64959 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
Ranald wrote:

@bro58

I should have made it clear in my initial post, that i was referring to ESA (IR).

I would make the observation, that if my post was in any way offensive, and i really didn't mean it to be. It needn't have been allowed.

I guess i have heard so much government propaganda on the one year time limit for ESA (Cont), that i had forgotten that it was still as yet, non-means tested.

Hi Ranald,

I'm glad that you can now see that your comments may have caused offence.

We can all be guilty of thoughtless comments sometimes.

As you know, we do not encourage any comments that may offend on B&W. On the other hand you have a right to your own point of view.

No broken bones!!!

cheers

bro58
  • quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #64969 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Flying
Ranald wrote:

I can't imagine how anyone can have cash to travel abroad, when in receipt of ESA.

Not having a go at anyone but i guess that is the difference between IB and a means tested benefit like ESA.

I am in the WRAG and appeared to upset the benefit delivery centre, by suggesting i attend college part-time, in order to re-train for sedentary work.

It seems we are supposed to be bedbound and at death's door to be a benefit claimant.

The guy on the phone even asked me ehy i would want to do anything when on ESA! Self worth and pride are obviously alien concepts to some of the DWP's finest.

Sorry but I have to answer you, I do not have to say who is paying for my flight BuT I WILL ... my great loving daughter is, its NOT a holiday.. I am going to see my family abroad .. my mother, daughter , son and grandchildren, they are the ones that keep me going apart from my husband, they are the ones that keep me sane !!! So for your info somepeople do have family that help them out when in time of need.

QL
  • quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #64970 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Flying
Ranald wrote:

I am in the WRAG and appeared to upset the benefit delivery centre, by suggesting i attend college part-time, in order to re-train for sedentary work.

It seems we are supposed to be bedbound and at death's door to be a benefit claimant.

The guy on the phone even asked me ehy i would want to do anything when on ESA! Self worth and pride are obviously alien concepts to some of the DWP's finest.

So sorry but you have done my head in !! you have made me feel quilty about travelling to see my family... who are you to judge when you don't know anything.
More
12 years 8 months ago #64972 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Flying
As this thread has clearly run its course, I am locking it to further posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.