× Members

ATOS Face to Face Assessment

More
11 years 6 months ago #93584 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic Re:ATOS Face to Face Assessment
I have made a request to have my face to face assessment recorded and also has my MP.

We have had responses from SWP and ATOS that they will try to comply with my request.

What are the main or real gains of having your assessment recorded?

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #93586 by DaPa
* the above should be DWP :laugh:

More
11 years 6 months ago #93590 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ATOS Face to Face Assessment
WeDesign wrote:

I have made a request to have my face to face assessment recorded and also has my MP.

We have had responses from SWP and ATOS that they will try to comply with my request.

What are the main or real gains of having your assessment recorded?

Regards.

This un-trodden ground.

You will most certainly have an accurate account of what happened during the assessment.

Any further benefit will be dependant on the result on the Decision made on your claim.

Will a recording be of help with a Reconsideration? I think it unlikely, the DWP Decision Maker is unlikely to disregard the ATOS medical report unless a significant complaint is upheld against it.
The majority of complaints are not significant enough to result in ATOS withdrawing the report, and those that are, are unlikely to be resolved within the timescales that the Reconsideration will take.

In terms of an appeal, I only know of one hearing where the Tribunal have expressed an interest in hearing the contents of the recording, undoubtedly this is in part to the timescales for an appeal to be heard, and the fact that recordings are a relatively recent facility available to the claimant, whether it will become more usual for recording to be played, has yet to be seen.

Whilst hi-lighting errors in the medical report is important, it will not win a Tribunal, in fact it may simply result in a new medical being ordered. Claimants will only win their hearing by showing that they meet the relevant descriptors for the benefit and the panel may well be able to make this determination, and be happy to do so, without referring to contents of any recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 5 months ago #94064 by DaPa
I have my ace to Face Assessment tomorrow (6th November 2012).

I have a further copy of my completed ESA50 that I sent to ATOS, could I before my assessment commences present the HCP with my ESA50 and suggest if they have not read it yet here is a copy?

Regards.

• bro58
11 years 5 months ago #94065 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ATOS Face to Face Assessment
WeDesign wrote:

I have a further copy of my completed ESA50 that I sent to ATOS, could I before my assessment commences present the HCP with my ESA50 and suggest if they have not read it yet here is a copy?

Regards.

Hi WD,

You could do, however the ATOS HCP should have a copy of your ESA50 to hand, and they should have read it prior to, or after the assessment.

It would certainly do no harm though.

bro58

• bro58
11 years 5 months ago #94066 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ATOS Face to Face Assessment
bro58 wrote:

WeDesign wrote:

Regards.

Hi WD,

You could do, however the ATOS HCP should have a copy of your ESA50 to hand, and they should have read it prior to, or after the assessment.

It would certainly do no harm though.

bro58

Make sure you retain a copy for your own reference.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.