× Members

Recieved esa form

• bro58
11 years 5 months ago #97216 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Recieved esa form

MSCarer wrote: Problems have started already with just receiving the ESA50 form! I rang ATOS to say that it had been 2 weeks and that we had not received ESA50 form. The person at ATOS (who was quite helpful) said that they do not send out any forms until they get the referral from DWP.

When I rang DWP they said that they had no record of any forms being sent out and that it was ATOS that sent the forms out anyway - DWP did not mention that ATOS did not send out the forms until they had a referral from DWP!

Anyway - both DWP and ATOS have confirmed that no forms have been sent out - and I have both details and have logged the calls etc.

Hi MSC,

It would be better if you could obtain confirmation of this in writing, to create a paper trail.

E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #97217 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic Recieved esa form
Hi bro58,

Thanks for advice again, and hope everyone has a good weekend. Mine will be spent majorly stressing out, ha.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #97226 by pjd
Hi again,

This is a follow on from my earlier thread.

After receiving the form with no covering letter. I emailed atos and got a reply saying they have no referral for me and have not sent out an esa form. I am confused, as atos are now telling me to contact the dwp regarding the form and say that they must have sent the form out instead.

I have had previous contact with dwp who told me repeatedly that I should wait until I hear from atos about the esa form and not the contact the dwp as they do not deal with it.

I dont know what the heck is going on, and I don't know what to do next.

Any advice much appreciated.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 5 months ago #97227 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Recieved esa form

pjd wrote: Hi again,

This is a follow on from my earlier thread.

After receiving the form with no covering letter. I emailed atos and got a reply saying they have no referral for me and have not sent out an esa form. I am confused, as atos are now telling me to contact the dwp regarding the form and say that they must have sent the form out instead.

I have had previous contact with dwp who told me repeatedly that I should wait until I hear from atos about the esa form and not the contact the dwp as they do not deal with it.

I dont know what the heck is going on, and I don't know what to do next.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi pjd,

As advised earlier in this topic thread, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...3&limitstart=0#97152

And here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...96533&start=24#97216

It would be advisable to obtain written confirmation of what you have been told over the phone, from ATOS and/or The DWP.

bro58

• pjd
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #97231 by pjd
Hi bro58,

Ive not spoke to atos over the phone, only by emails , and was told they have no record of me - does this count as evidence?

Also had three phone calls with dwp previously, and each time I have phoned they have told me that they have no record of my calling them. On the last phone call to the dwp, my friend got dwp to phone him back so that there would be a record of it this time, and was told there would be for definate this time. My friend was told once again that I should not contact the dwp and just wait to hear from atos to receive the form.

The time is ticking with regards to filling in the form, so is it possible that the dwp send out the esa form and not just atos?

Also do the dwp have an email address that I can contact them on.?

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 5 months ago #97233 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recieved esa form

pjd wrote: Hi bro58,

Ive not spoke to atos over the phone, only by emails , and was told they have no record of me - does this count as evidence?

Also had three phone calls with dwp previously, and each time I have phoned they have told me that they have no record of my calling them. On the last phone call to the dwp, my friend got dwp to phone him back so that there would be a record of it this time, and was told there would be for definate this time. My friend was told once again that I should not contact the dwp and just wait to hear from atos to receive the form.

The time is ticking with regards to filling in the form, so is it possible that the dwp send out the esa form and not just atos?

Also do the dwp have an email address that I can contact them on.?

Thanks

I've just re-read your original post and noticed that the return address for the ESA50 may actually be a DWP Benefit Delivery Centre and not an ATOS HealthCare centre.

We had another member who had this happen to them, I think at the end of last year, although I do not think we have heard the result.

Unfortunately, the DWP will not accept emails from claimants unless are in regard to general matters, so you will need to contact them in writing.

I would ring your local office again on Monday, and ask to speak to a Customer Services Manager, this will require a callback, explain your situation and the replies you have previously had from ATOS and the DWP and that this ESA50 appears to have been sent directly from the DWP Bootle office, and that you have not received any date to return this ESA50.

Whatever is said, write to the DWP confirming the details of the conversation, send this recorded delivery.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.