× Members

ESA Appeal

More
11 years 1 month ago #101321 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal
You should not have to 'reapply' for ESA at any stage as long as your claim remains unbroken. Even if you are not getting any money after 365 days in WRAG, you would still be considered to be 'on ESA'. You would still be subject to periodic reassessments and it is possible that you would be placed into the Support Group as a result. You could also ask for a 'supersession' in between reassessments if you felt that your condition had demonstrably worstened or you had added conditions - in this case the onus would be entirely on you to provide the evidence of this.

As to the comments about length of time in the Support Group - we have members who have been given anything up to the maximum 3 years. In my own case, I was given an extra 18 months when I was put into the Support Group on reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101351 by snowbaby
Replied by snowbaby on topic ESA Appeal
Thank you Mrs H.

Will take on board all your advice. Still think I'm going ahead with Tribunal regardless of what advice worker said. Just have to get my act together and do my best to present my case. My gp and consultant have both said I'll never work again and whilst its acknowledged by DWP I have significant disability, that the prognosis for return to work is at least 2 yrs, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to live on for the year after the 365 days run out. Also, how the nurse came to the conclusion that I'm suddenly going to get better after 2 years I've no idea!!

I feel there is no where else to go except Tribunal.

Many thanks again for this wonderful site, without it I would have made the wrong decisions.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101354 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic ESA Appeal
Hi,

I can top your prognosis. After 27 years of illness, on Incapacity Benefit, the DWP have decided that I do not qualify for conversion to ESA. Furthermore, ATOS are of the opinion that I could consider a return to work within 3 months! Needless to say, I am in the process of appealing.

Best of luck to you in your fight.

Spridgett
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bearer

More
11 years 1 month ago #101523 by snowbaby
Hi Spridgett, sorry only getting back to you now, computer was down. Yes you certainly topped me all right! It all so ridiculous. Best of luck to you on your appeal and thank you for your good wishes.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101614 by snowbaby
Right today I rang ESA department and queried why I received score sheets with no score!! As i'm transferring over from IB was told to ring them. Person I spoke to informed me that as I already was successful in getting into WRAG, I achieved enough points to be placed there, how many points i got didn't matter any more?? He said "you are disagreeing with this decision and you are saying that you should be in support group, that's what you should be concentrating on now" Told me to contact ESA Appeals and put my query to them. Haven't managed to get through to them yet, line always busy. Any thoughts please
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101623 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal

snowbaby wrote: Right today I rang ESA department and queried why I received score sheets with no score!! As i'm transferring over from IB was told to ring them. Person I spoke to informed me that as I already was successful in getting into WRAG, I achieved enough points to be placed there, how many points i got didn't matter any more?? He said "you are disagreeing with this decision and you are saying that you should be in support group, that's what you should be concentrating on now" Told me to contact ESA Appeals and put my query to them. Haven't managed to get through to them yet, line always busy. Any thoughts please

To be honest I am not surprised by the answer :(

Whilst it beggars belief that the DWP operate a system that does not accurately record the reasons why a claimant has been awarded a benefit, the simple answer is that this appears to be how they operate in the vast majority of offices.

I wish you well with your quest, but I feel it unlikely that you will be successful.

In terms of your appeal, I would recommend your concentrating on those Support Group descriptors that you feel you meet and explain why, as ultimately this will be what a Tribunal is interested in.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.