× Members

Strategies for challenging PIP no points

More
7 years 11 months ago #157678 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Strategies for challenging PIP no points
Knock me down with a feather.

I had the news last week that my application to the UTT for permission to appeal has been accepted by the UTT.

Amazing.

They say it is ‘well arguable’ that there was a breach of natural justice, for three reasons (all based on the doctor’s untrue statement that my doctor had been struck off); and there was a ‘failure to deal sufficiently with the claimant’s evidence’ (that my problems are worse in the morning, and not non-existent after 11.00am.)

I have to send back a form within the month, saying whether or not I agree with the FTT being set aside solely on the grounds they gave, and the case being referred back for a new FTT.

They actually seem to have read my arguments, and picked out what I assume they found most relevant legally. It appears the doctor’s false statement was a problem because of its consequences rather in itself, interestingly. And ‘failure to deal with the evidence’ is quite a neat way of summing up my two pages of waffle on that bit, really.

So, I guess I agree with them and send the form back.

I know the forum doesn’t advise on this, but does anyone know if they write and ask me about dates I’m not available before setting a new FTT date, or should I put that in a covering letter with the form?

And will the new FTT know about the previous FTT and why I appealed to the UTT?

Many thanks, glad to see B&W back on line

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157693 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Strategies for challenging PIP no points
Elaine

Congratulations on the Decision.

If there are dates that you cannot meet then you should inform the Tribunal Service of this. I would actually contact the venue where your original hearing was.

The new hearing will be held in front of a new panel, they will have all of the evidence that the original panel had, you can still add to this if you want, plus a direction from the UTT dealing with the reasons that the previous Decision was set aside. They won't have access to the SoR or Record of Proceedings from the first hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elaine pyrke

More
7 years 9 months ago #161927 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Strategies for challenging PIP no points
I’ve had two letters from HMCTS, they will be arranging a new FTT, and want my consent to contact my GP for further medical evidence. (I gave DWP consent in my original application but they never bothered to contact him.)

I guess I have to give the consent – do you know if HMCTS have a form they send to the doctor, or will they ask questions specific to my case?

I’m about to go on holiday for a month, so getting to see the doctor before he replies will be tricky.

Many thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #161931 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Strategies for challenging PIP no points

elaine wrote: I’ve had two letters from HMCTS, they will be arranging a new FTT, and want my consent to contact my GP for further medical evidence. (I gave DWP consent in my original application but they never bothered to contact him.)

I guess I have to give the consent – do you know if HMCTS have a form they send to the doctor, or will they ask questions specific to my case?

I’m about to go on holiday for a month, so getting to see the doctor before he replies will be tricky.

Many thanks

I wouldn't expect them to ask questions just request a copy of your medical records for the last two years or possibly longer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elaine pyrke

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.