× Members

atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136567 by nana neesie
pip refusal was created by nana neesie
hi there have just got my partners pip claim back and he has been refused.

cant belive it he has unstable angina and has just had a MRI which has shown he has 6 prolapsed discs and our GP wants him to go into hospital asap the pip assessor knew all this i cannot understand how they have come to this conclusion as he needs round the clock help in every aspect of his daily life his breathlessness/his lack of feeling/ strength in his left hand side of his body hand arm leg foot means he is unable to do anything for his self.

How do i appeal how do i see what was wrote/ i really cannot belive it i now fear for my partners sanity as i do not drive and we are reliant on our children to help with his care/and mobility needs.

Please help me i also explained to them i claim esa/income support since he had to give up work for the 2 of us as he was unable to get to the job centre helppppppp
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136568 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
Forgot to mention my partner got 2 points for needing help to prepare and cook meals need help to dress and undress 2 points needing help to wash and bathe total 6 mobility can stand and move more than 50 metres but no more that 200 either aided or unaided total 4 points how have they come to the conclusion that he can live a normal life even with these low scores beats me helpppppppppppppp

8 years 10 months ago #136574 by
Replied by on topic pip refusal
Hi nn,

I have merged your two posts to avoid confusion.

Please post any further related queries to this topic.

I have edited you Block Capitals to lower case, this is because they can come across as shouting to people to use screen readers to view the forum.

Please use normal lower case in future.

I am sorry that your partner did not receive a PIP Award, unfortunately he is not alone ! :(

The information that you are looking for can be found in another post that I have just written : Here.

As advised you need to reiterate how and why he should have been awarded points, and you can reference any medical evidence that you can obtain.

If the medical evidence is new, in that the PIP Assessor and/or PIP Decision Maker did not have access to it at the time of the decision, you can provide copy of that in your MR.

Any new diagnoses of conditions must be tied to the time of the actual adverse PIP Decision.

i.e. This is not a new condition that your partner has developed since the date of the decision, it is purely a confirmation that they suffered with said conditions at the time of the decision.

This is because they will not take into account any deterioration in your partner's condition and resulting limitations since the time of the decision as the result of newly developed conditions.

For an MR/Appeal the DWP/Appeals Tribunal "re-look" at how they were at the time of the decision.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136575 by nana neesie
atos assesor knew about the 6 prolapsed discs and trapped nerves bro50 and commented herself he must be in agony ? also passed her a letter stating how the illness affects him and his family

8 years 10 months ago #136578 by
Replied by on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: atos assesor knew about the 6 prolapsed discs and trapped nerves bro50 and commented herself he must be in agony ? also passed her a letter stating how the illness affects him and his family

Hi nn,

You could mention that in your MR Request, and provide any documented medical diagnoses of this as supporting evidence.

Remember, the documented medical evidence only confirms that he has the prolapsed discs, you then have to go into graphic detail of how the limitations/disabilities caused by the prolapsed discs score the necessary points for the correct PIP Award.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136618 by nana neesie
hi bro58 how would i get hold of my partners medical records ? i also do not think they have looked into his unstable angina as well as the prolapsed discs last attack he lost control of his bladder this in turn made him not want to venture anywere incase it happened again the angina leaves him breathless and unable to do anything but lay down till it passes i did put all this in the report i dont get the been able to plan a journey also as he does not leave the house exept to attend the doctors and hospital and always with someone incase he has a angina attacck and also help him get in and out of the car he is not allowed to drive because of the angina and also cannot feel the pedals i really dont think they have read his medical reports

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.