× Members

atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138911 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: hi bro do i send the query to the descion maker case manager seperately thanks again

Hi nn.

Yes, you could query why the PIP Case Manager has not abided by the assessing PIP HP's recommendations in your MR Request evidence.

You could enquire what grounds they have for not giving a PIP award.

You do not have to do so in a separate letter, this query could be covered in a couple of paragraphs added to the evidence that you are ready to send.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Good luck !!

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138939 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
thank you bro58 done and sent recorded delivery £6.45 along with the mri scan reports doctors reports ect i have written it all as you have told me to hopefully we will get a result i will keep you informed of the outcome thanks again

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139672 by nana neesie
hi bro/gordon received the mandatory reconsideration request form returned today and again they have decided not to allow him pip same letter to the word 6 for daily living 4 for mobility , i sent the last info to them and there is no mention of that one dated 4th august tracked and signed for they received it next day, with an update on his condition and the mri report ,and also all the info you told me to write ie why they have gone against the hp recommendations ect ect the only mention is the one i sent july 8th asking for a reconsideration and the reasons why what do we do now ??? do we ring and ask to speak to them and ask if they did recieve the 4th august one ? i,m waiting for his doctor to ring as we speak as now both legs have gone numb and he is in agony not sleeping with the pain and is very breathless we need help i,m crying as i write this, as there is nothing i can do for him shall i get help advice from anyone to help us with the appeal ?? please point me in the right direction PLEASE
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139677 by bro58

nana neesie wrote: hi bro/gordon received the mandatory reconsideration request form returned today and again they have decided not to allow him pip same letter to the word 6 for daily living 4 for mobility , i sent the last info to them and there is no mention of that one dated 4th august tracked and signed for they received it next day, with an update on his condition and the mri report ,and also all the info you told me to write ie why they have gone against the hp recommendations ect ect the only mention is the one i sent july 8th asking for a reconsideration and the reasons why what do we do now ??? do we ring and ask to speak to them and ask if they did recieve the 4th august one ? i,m waiting for his doctor to ring as we speak as now both legs have gone numb and he is in agony not sleeping with the pain and is very breathless we need help i,m crying as i write this, as there is nothing i can do for him shall i get help advice from anyone to help us with the appeal ?? please point me in the right direction PLEASE

Hi nn,

Sorry to hear that your MR request was not successful !!

This seems to be a trend lately with PIP MR's and we are only seeing around a 10% success rate, so you are not alone !!

You can re-contact DWP to enquire whether they took all your evidence into account with The MR, but the important issue is to now lodge your appeal directly with The Tribunal Service (TS) within one month of the date of the MR Decision Notice letter that you have.

You need to fill in an : SSCS 1 Form. (Download Link). and post this off with copy of The MR Notice directly to The TS to the address provided in the form.

Sending Documents to The TS.

The appeals process is covered from Page 11 of our "Guide to PIP appeals" on : This Page.

You will also see a guide to "PIP appeal submissions" below this on the same page.

See also : Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

You can still seek advice once you have ensured that your appeal has been lodged within the one month deadline.

Potential sources can be found below :

Where to get advice

Or you can put Welfare Rights/Benefits Advice for your Town or Postcode into Google.

Local Councils sometimes have Welfare Rights as do some Housing Associations if you are a tenant.

Age UK may be another option.

You can present your evidence to The TS much the same way as you did for your MR.

Just because DWP did not change the decision in your favour does not mean that The TS won't, and it doesn't necessarily mean that you have not already provided good evidence, so don't be too disheartened.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139680 by nana neesie
do i download and print bro as it would be quicker than sending for one, and i have taken your advice and asked age concern to help in the appeal awaiting an appointment thanks again much appreciated just glad we have someone like yourselves to point us in the right direction

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139681 by bro58

nana neesie wrote: do i download and print bro as it would be quicker than sending for one, and i have taken your advice and asked age concern to help in the appeal awaiting an appointment thanks again much appreciated just glad we have someone like yourselves to point us in the right direction

Hi nn,

Yes, you can download, and save to your PC !!

There is a blue print tab top right of the form.

Once printed off you can fill in and post it to the correct address provided.

You could get it all ready, then show it to the adviser that you are seeing at your appointment to see if they can offer any further input, if within permitted time scales

As long as it is posted in good time to arrive at The TS no later than one month from the date of your MR Notice, all should be fine.

Please keep us updated and good luck !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.