× Members

atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139696 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
hi bro reading through all paperwork ie the hp report the points that are awarded are they awarded by the hp (ours was a nurse and very nice ) or were they awarded by the decision maker as reading through them its as if whoever gave him the points have done so from the hp observations ie no breathlessness noted no there wasnt any breathlessness as we had been sat 15mins before been called so his breathing had calmed down walked with a normal gait ?? he walks with a wobble side to side, the small amount of way we had to walk to her room she wouldnt have much time to watch his walk daft things like this i,m picking up on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139707 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: hi bro reading through all paperwork ie the hp report the points that are awarded are they awarded by the hp (ours was a nurse and very nice ) or were they awarded by the decision maker as reading through them its as if whoever gave him the points have done so from the hp observations ie no breathlessness noted no there wasnt any breathlessness as we had been sat 15mins before been called so his breathing had calmed down walked with a normal gait ?? he walks with a wobble side to side, the small amount of way we had to walk to her room she wouldnt have much time to watch his walk daft things like this i,m picking up on

Hi nn,

Any Points mentioned in The PIP PA4 Medical Consultation Report that is written by The PIP HP that assesses you at a face to face, or on paper evidence alone, are "recommendations" ! (as explained at Page 71 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) )

It is then up to The DWP PIP Case Manager (DM) on whether they agree with these recommendation and award the points or not.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139710 by nana neesie
just read through it again bro what it does state is "we recieved a hospital appointment letter gp surgery print out " the first lot of info i sent in ? NO mention of the mri report showing the full extent of his spine tumours/cysts trapped nerves ect ect update of health ect sent tracked 4/8/15 THIS MRI SCAN i think if we had had it when we had the hp assessment would have showed her how much was wrong with him shall i ring tomorrow and ask if they DID receive it if they say NO BRO WHAT THEN do i mention it in the appeal thanks again for your help

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139711 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: just read through it again bro what it does state is "we recieved a hospital appointment letter gp surgery print out " the first lot of info i sent in ? NO mention of the mri report showing the full extent of his spine tumours/cysts trapped nerves ect ect update of health ect sent tracked 4/8/15 THIS MRI SCAN i think if we had had it when we had the hp assessment would have showed her how much was wrong with him shall i ring tomorrow and ask if they DID receive it if they say NO BRO WHAT THEN do i mention it in the appeal thanks again for your help

Hi nn,

Don't get too bogged down with what the HP report did or didn't say !!

The important issue is to show how he should have been given the correct number of points at the time of the decision.

Obviously, you cannot expect the HP or the DM to take evidence such as the MRI Scan into account at the time of the assessment/decision if they did not have it.

As I have previously advised, you can ask the DWP whether they took all your evidence, including the MR Scan into account when they carried out the MR, but in the mean time you should push on with your appeal within the time scales allowed !

I think you may be going round in circles somewhat now !! :)

There is guidance on the "Best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report" on : This Page.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139793 by nana neesie
thanks bro took your advice and have been in contact with age uk who have agreed to help us in the appeal process and yes i,m going round in circles as its as if nobody at the dwp believe us, but after speaking to the lady at age concern its about explaining in the best way possible how they affect him rang and asked whether they took all our evidence, including the MRI Scan into account when they carried out the MR, THEY HAVE SAID THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT EVEN THO I SENT IT TRACKED ?i explained i have proof they said it counts for nothing only that it was received at wolverhamptom???

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139949 by nana neesie
hi bro thanks for putting us in touch with age uk they have been marvelous we are getting a banister and grab rails fitted next week we have the councils OT coming out in a couple of weeks we are getting a wheelchair sorted through our doctor and various bath aids /toilet aids ect what they have said after looking at the refused claim is to start from scratch again and they will fill it in as now he is twice as poorly as he was when we started in april and is probley going to be still poorly after the op to attend the appeal what are your thoughts?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.