× Members

atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138512 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
hi bro sorry about the way i write i was in care all my life and was not taught how to thanks for explaining this to me i will now write to the dr and ask them what you have said but will it matter that we are now past the 28 day cut off time thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138515 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: hi bro sorry about the way i write i was in care all my life and was not taught how to thanks for explaining this to me i will now write to the dr and ask them what you have said but will it matter that we are now past the 28 day cut off time thanks again

No worries nn ! :)

You are not the only one.

All that we ask is that members break up there posts into sections of 2 to 3 lines of writing with spaces in between the paragraphs.

You can continue to submit evidence (copies, keep originals) to The DWP until they have made a decision on your MR request and you have received the MR Notice with their decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138520 by nana neesie
thanks bro also just read it again and it looks like our hp was on our side and had said he needs help , and the dm has went against all that was said and what she had said also ? also at the end of the assessment it also says it is likely that the functional restrictions identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review and she has marked it YES can you tell me what this means also thank you
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138529 by bro58

nana neesie wrote: thanks bro also just read it again and it looks like our hp was on our side and had said he needs help , and the dm has went against all that was said and what she had said also ? also at the end of the assessment it also says it is likely that the functional restrictions identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review and she has marked it YES can you tell me what this means also thank you

Hi nn,

From what you have written thus far it looks very much like The PIP HP (Assessor) has recommended that your partner should be given a PIP Award

With a recommended review date of around 18 months.

The "Yes" that they marked as above is to say that the PIP HP thinks that the limitations that your partner was suffering at the time of the Assessment, that were identified by The HP, will still be present at the recommended review date. i.e. in 18 months time.

It does seem that The HP has recommended a PIP Award to be reviewed in around 18 months time, but for some reason The PIP DM has gone against the HP's recommendations and not given your partner a PIP Award.

This is well worthwhile querying, "Why" have they not taken the HP's recommendations and any other evidence that you have provided into account and given a PIP Award ?

PIP DM's are not medically qualified, so they rely heavily on The PIP Assessor's recommendations and any evidence that the PIP claimant has supplied themselves.

They should weigh up "all" the evidence and make a decision on "the balance of probabilities", i.e. taking all the evidence into account is it more likely than not that the claimant scores enough points under the relevant PIP descriptors to be given a PIP Award ?

If the answer is "Yes" they should award !!

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138535 by nana neesie
so the mr i have asked for will a hp look at all the evidence i have sent ie mri scan results nueroligist appointment update of my partners condition he cannot now walk i am using a wheelchair, is having trouble using his left hand is now that breathless when even going to the toilet a couple of yards away is becoming impossible without him struggling to breathe thanks again

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138541 by bro58

nana neesie wrote: so the mr i have asked for will a hp look at all the evidence i have sent ie mri scan results nueroligist appointment update of my partners condition he cannot now walk i am using a wheelchair, is having trouble using his left hand is now that breathless when even going to the toilet a couple of yards away is becoming impossible without him struggling to breathe thanks again

Hi nn,

Any fresh evidence that you submit now to be taken into account in The Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) process should be sent to The DWP PIP DM, not an HP at ATOS.

An HP will only be involved again if a fresh PIP "medical" Assessment is deemed necessary.

As previously advised, The DWP PIP DM is not medically qualified so if you can tie in the medical evidence that you have with the actual PIP Activities and Descriptors that he scores the points under, that should help.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.