× Members

atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138543 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal
Hi nn,

As an example, and only going on what you have written, you could state something akin to the following :

Due to xxxxx unstable angina and resulting cardiac-respiratory problems as evidenced at page xx of my documents (number the pages of your evidence) and the Peak Flow Reading of 180 L/min that resulted from the Peak Flow test carried out by The PIP Assessor (HP) at xxxxx face to face assessment on xx/xx/xx. (Copy The HP report, number it and highlight any relevant extracts then refer to that by page number)

xxxxxx cannot stand then move (Walk) more than 20 metres reliably and safely for the majority of the time without suffering significant pain and breathlessness.

In fact, he has recently been advised to use a wheelchair, (reference any pages of evidence that you have regarding that by page number) and for the majority of the time he cannot walk more than 20 metres at all and has to be pushed in the wheelchair.

I therefore feel that xxxxx should be awarded 12 Points under Descriptor e. ("e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided.") of the "Moving Around" PIP Activity.

Try and do the same with any of The Daily Living Activities and Descriptors that also apply.

The Moving Around Activity is explained from Page 58 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) where you can also read about the Daily Living Activities as well.

You should of course refer to all and any medical evidence that you may have and have not mentioned.

Reference all and any medical conditions and the resulting limitations that preclude/restrict him from carrying out any of the Activities that apply to him.

Explain "How and Why" he cannot carry out the Activity whilst also referencing the applicable Descriptor of that Activity.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138550 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
i will do exactly that thank you for all the help and i will keep you informed

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138616 by nana neesie
hi bro the 6 points he got for daily living were 2 preparing food ect 2 needs help to get into bath ect and 2 for needs help to dress the deteriation of his health means all of the above we are now struggling with do i mention these as well or leave alone also he got 4 points for being able to walk up to 50 no more than 200 this now is not the case due to pain unable to virtually stand and his breathlessness which is becoming a concern thanks again

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138621 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: hi bro the 6 points he got for daily living were 2 preparing food ect 2 needs help to get into bath ect and 2 for needs help to dress the deteriation of his health means all of the above we are now struggling with do i mention these as well or leave alone also he got 4 points for being able to walk up to 50 no more than 200 this now is not the case due to pain unable to virtually stand and his breathlessness which is becoming a concern thanks again

Hi nn,

Using my previous suggestions of stating his medical conditions, cross referencing to evidence that he suffers from those medical conditions, then explaining how and why he cannot carry out any particular Moving Around or Daily Living Activity due to the limitations he suffers as a result of the medical conditions, you should go through each Activity picking out any that you feel are applicable to your partners limitations.

You should then explain how and why his limitations restrict/limit/prevent him from carrying out that activity by highlighting the Descriptor a, b, c, d, e, etc, etc that most fits in with his limitations.

As you know each Descriptor from the Activities awards different levels of points, he needs to score at least 8 in Moving Around for Standard Mobility or 12 for Enhanced.

With the Daily Living Activities again he has to score 8 across all of the activities for Standard or 12 for Enhanced. Only the highest scoring applicable Descriptor from each Activity can score him points.

So you can't score points from two different Descriptors under the one Activity.

If you agree with the points that he has already been given you can simply confirm that you agree then add any Descriptors from other Activities that he fulfils so that he scores the correct amount of points for a PIP Award.

If you feel that he should qualify under higher scoring Descriptors to the ones that he has already been given points for, point this out naming the higher scoring Descriptor giving reasons why he qualifies for points under the higher scoring Descriptor.

N.B. You can find a one page resume of all the PIP Activities and how the points scoring system works : HERE

bro58

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138888 by nana neesie
hi bro before i send it all back off tommorrow do i ask the decision maker case manager why they have not agreed with the hps recommendations when making there desicion separetly or do i enclude it with all the evidence and updated health issues thanks again

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138906 by nana neesie
hi bro do i send the query to the descion maker case manager seperately thanks again

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.