atos hp recommended pip dwp refuse

More
8 years 10 months ago #136626 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip refusal
Nana

As to the medical records see

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

The Going Out Descriptor tests three things, the claimants ability to plan a route, their ability to follow that route to an unfamiliar place and their ability to follow a route to a familiar location. It does not test their ability to walk, this is done in the Moving Around Descriptor.

Planning a route looks at the claimants cognitive abilities and whether they can understand the issue of perhaps having to use different means of transport, hazards and avoiding them and potentially issues such as timings e.g. bus or train times.

Driving is not specifically included in the test, although problems doing so may indicate other problems which are.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nana neesie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136768 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip refusal
the assesor asked none of the above questions gordon ??? so dont get how they have come to that conclusion either my partner has said leave it but has he was self employed we have no benefits since he had to stop work in december 14 and have been living off our savings FED UPPPPP AND DEPRESSED

More
8 years 10 months ago #136786 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip refusal

nana neesie wrote: the assesor asked none of the above questions gordon ??? so dont get how they have come to that conclusion either my partner has said leave it but has he was self employed we have no benefits since he had to stop work in december 14 and have been living off our savings FED UPPPPP AND DEPRESSED

Have you looked at whether he can claim ESA.

As he has no award of PIP he has nothing to lose by making an appeal, just the time and effort to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nana neesie

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #137409 by nana neesie
going to try to see if i can make a claim he is now housebound so would not be able to attend jc to make a claim i have wrote to dwp for a mandatory reconsideration

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138479 by nana neesie
hi gordon followed your instructions and asked for a MR and also a copy of the HP assesment which came to late

we also asked our DR for a copy of my partners MRI SCAN and medical records which he gladly gave us the reason we put in for the pips was my partners unstable ANGINA re breathlessness ect ect and also his trapped nerves we have found out by the scan he has 3 but it also shows a tarlov cyst the size of an apple on his coccyx also 4 benign tumours and numerous tears straightening of the spine with degenerative disease and we are awaiting to see a neurosurgeon the hp was not in reciept of the MRI SCAN as we had it the day before the HP assesment

THE HP assesment showed the peak flow test was 180 very low and she comments on this in the report also his lack of strenght on his left side of his body it was a a good assesment so why oh why did the DWP refuse it i have sent copies of the mri scan to the MR.

on the end of the hp assesment it says based on his height of 5ft 9 ins the best reading of 180 l/min is significantly reduced.

and also said based on the claimants likely circumstanses, it would be appropriate to review the claim in 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS and says due to his age, the nature of his conditions and the level of input he is due to recieve a change may be possible in the medium term ?? could you please give us some insight into what this means we are still awaiting the MR outcome thanks for your advice in advance
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138492 by
Replied by on topic pip refusal
Hi nn,

I have merged your post with your previous topic for continuity.

It would help the Moderators if you kept all your related queries to the one topic, you can Bookmark this page so that you can find it again easily.

Also, we have recently been experiencing a lot of posts that are one solid block of text, with no paragraphs, this makes them extremely difficult to read and understand.

I have therefore broken your post up into paragraphs.

Now that I have "told you off" :) I will try and answer your query. :laugh:

You can read about "predicted" and "actual" peak flow readings below where you will see that 180 L/min (Litres/Minute) is indeed very low for man of 5ft 9ins, his age should also be factored in. :

www.peakflow.com/top_nav/normal_values/

e.g. If you look at the chart below :

www.peakflow.com/pefr_normal_values.pdf

A normal, fit, healthy 55 year old man whose height is 69 inches/175 cm (5 foot 9 Inches) should have a peak flow of 590 L/min. Any reading no more than a 100 L/min lower than that i.e. no lower than 490 L/min would be classed as normal for a man of that age and height. (i.e. no indication of respiratory/"breathing" problems)

If your partner was a 55 years old of the same height, then as you can see a reading of 180 L/min would be less that a third of what would be expected from a healthy 55 year old man of the same height, which is a significant reduction in what his Peak Flow should be and a strong indication that they would suffer breathlessness on mild exertion.

"and also said based on the claimants likely circumstanses, it would be appropriate to review the claim in 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS and says due to his age, the nature of his conditions and the level of input he is due to recieve a change may be possible in the medium term ?? could you please give us some insight into what this means."

This is the PIP Assessor advising that his PIP claim should be reviewed in 18 months, which would in turn indicate that they were recommending a PIP Award, and that because of the care and treatment that he will receive changes in his condition "may" occur in the medium term. ( in the next 18 months to 3 years)

You could query why The DWP PIP Decision Maker (DM) (Case Manager) has not agreed with the HP's recommendations above and send copy of any evidence that the PIP Assessor did not have access to at the time of the assessment, that was relevant to his conditions at that time, to the same address as you sent the MR request to.

Even though it is the DWP PIP DM who make the final decision, a complete PIP refusal seems highly contradictory to the HP report recommendations and the information that you have provided here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.