× Members

DLA TO PIP questions

More
8 years 2 months ago #155934 by Jianne1274
Replied by Jianne1274 on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Thank you...I just don't bother going to the g.p with things that they can't do anything for..in fact I don't go at all unless I am in agony...I am very private person and only my familiy and a few close friends now how much help and how much I rely on other people and have done for 30 + years as my stroke was 30 years ago I am relying on my g.p for evidence of this and my c spine issues and operation I am going on Monday first time i have been out in 6 month and I feel guilty about bothering my g.p with this ...I also get worked up and stressed when I have to go out ...due to the time effort and pain not to mention the distress I feel at the thought of falling and having to lie on the floor falling like a bug...No one knows this either because I am the queen of putting on a brave face..Would it be worth my career who has been looking after me for those 30 years doing a letter or daily care diary which details the struggles I face and how and why they help me with things and what could happen if they did not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #156014 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Jianne

Yes, a statement from your Carer would help, they need to include their name and address, explain how they know your issues and how frequently they see you and lastly attest that the information they have supplied is true and accurate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #156519 by Jianne1274
Hi again...just done my pip 1 telephone call..when we got to the question about using old dla evidence I said no ...mainly because it was about 1990 when I was last assesed for dla..and that was so long ago and the process was so different then ..and I have no idea whatsoever what that information that they have is...do you think that was the right course of action ?? My doctor is doing me a letter for my claim I took her a list of all my problems that my stroke ect left me with and for the first time ever I was actually honest and told her how much they affected me I left this letter with her for her records ...I was completely stressed out at the appointment and told her this and to be honest it was clearly evident ..she said she understood and I hope she noted this in my records by this point I was so stressed I couldn't think straight...this whole process is making me unwell stressed and depressed and adding to my problems should I mention this on my form and get my careers to mention it as well in thier statements...My issues are not straightforward and because a lot of my issues are from the 80s and I am not in contact with the consultants anymore I worry constantly that this will count against me....they signed me off because there was nothing more they could do not because I was better ....

More
8 years 2 months ago #156554 by Gordon
Jianne

If your previous assessment was in 1990 then it's unlikely that they will even have the paperwork available, if your current problems are different from what they were then I would think that you made the right decision.

Well done for opening up to your GP, I'm sure it was very difficult for you but is was definitely the right thing for you to do.

Lots of claimants have been "parked" by the DWP as they cannot provide additional treatment but hopefully your GP will be able to provide you with the support you need.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #156939 by Jianne1274
Got the dreaded form today...I am just wondering if you have a guide somewhere where it helps you with the wording of your answers ..and should I start by saying why I can't do ..how it would effect me physically I had tried to do it ..what could happen if I did ...who helps me or does it for me and why they do it...I am looking for the correct order to put things in ..for additional information...

And do you think because my stroke was in 84 should I ask them to try to look at my past info about this ...I have No access to the info and cannot afford my medical records ...my doctor knows about it and is mentioning in her letter .so it's not like i am making it up..should I mention the name of all previous consultants I have seen and the hospitals I have seen them at...most of them are long since retired...

More
8 years 2 months ago #156960 by Gordon
Jianne

There is a full guide to claiming PIP and how to complete the PIP2 based on your conditions on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You can certainly ask them to use evidence from your DLA claim, but if it goes back to 1984 then there is a good chance that the information will no longer be available.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jianne1274

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.