× Members

DLA TO PIP questions

More
8 years 5 months ago #155656 by Jianne1274
Replied by Jianne1274 on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Thankyou..so you can only score the 12 points from one of those questions in the moving around section...does that mean no one ever scores more than 12 points there if the problems are physical only or can you get points from elsewhere ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #155677 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP questions

Jianne1274 wrote: Thankyou..so you can only score the 12 points from one of those questions in the moving around section...does that mean no one ever scores more than 12 points there if the problems are physical only or can you get points from elsewhere ???

Only the highest Descriptor that you meet in each activity will be scored whether it is for Mobility or Daily Living, these are then totalled to see whether an award can be made or not.

For Mobility the maximum score would be 24 points, 12 from the Going Out activity and 12 from the Moving Around one, you need a total of 8 points for a Standard award and 12 for an Enhanced award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #155820 by Jianne1274
Hi again ..was just wondering in relation to having a f2f at a assement centre...due to the fact that I continually fall and cannot get up at all ..I need at least 2 people to pick me up ..would that be a reason alone why I could get a home visit ??? Also can you attach sheets of paper with your form if you run out of room to write on the form ???

More
8 years 5 months ago #155837 by Gordon

Jianne1274 wrote: Hi again ..was just wondering in relation to having a f2f at a assement centre...due to the fact that I continually fall and cannot get up at all ..I need at least 2 people to pick me up ..would that be a reason alone why I could get a home visit ??? Also can you attach sheets of paper with your form if you run out of room to write on the form ???

It could be but they would need to understand the risk of this happening. You will need your GP to write explaining why you cannot attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #155896 by Jianne1274
Once again thankyou for the reply...given the fact that I have poor balance coordination and little feeling in my feet ..and I fall a lot I would say the risk is quite high ..I cannot get up at all when I say I need someone to pick me up it is literally that I cannot offer any assistance whatsoever..that is one of the reasons I don't go out unless I have to drs hospital appointments are the only time I leave the house ..The other thing I would like to ask is given the fact that I have never really told the doctor how this affects me on a daily basis because it was so long ago and there is nothing they can do about it ..would it be worth of have you heard if anyone listing how my condition affects me and listing all the problems I have in relation to my mobility e.c.t and leaving that with the doctor for her records and future reference .On my esa form I put in block capitals that if I needed a face to face I would require two people trained in manual lifting or a hoist ..as there was a high chance a fall would occur.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #155915 by Gordon
Jianne

I'm afraid it is very unlikely that they will take your word without the support of medical evidence, you really need a letter from your GP to stand any chance of a home assessment.

If your GP is unaware of how serious your conditions are then your need to speak to them about this and ask them what the best way would be for you to update them about your issues.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.