× Members

DLA TO PIP questions

More
8 years 5 months ago #157208 by Jianne1274
Replied by Jianne1274 on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Hi..I have a rare problem with my neck/c spine in order to remove my rhabdomyscorma the doctor had to remove my c4 vertebra and my upper thoracic vertebrae (sorry about the spelling there) now I am the only person to have had this done and I was wondering if I should include a explanation of this ie ..the tumour placement was very rare the operation was a first ..that kind of thing ..would that be helpful and taken notice of ....??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #157271 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP questions

Jianne1274 wrote: Hi..I have a rare problem with my neck/c spine in order to remove my rhabdomyscorma the doctor had to remove my c4 vertebra and my upper thoracic vertebrae (sorry about the spelling there) now I am the only person to have had this done and I was wondering if I should include a explanation of this ie ..the tumour placement was very rare the operation was a first ..that kind of thing ..would that be helpful and taken notice of ....??

If you believe it as underlying cause of your problems in completing the PIP activities then you should include it and explain how it contributes to your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #160251 by Jianne1274
Hi again it's been a while since I last posted ..been filling in the form for pip and photocopying it ect...posted it back recorded delivery last Wednesday...today Friday only just over a week later I get a letter saying I needed a face to face at a assement centre which is a joke in my opinion I can't drive or use public transport and every journey I make leaves me in agony...the journey to the centre work be 40 minutes each way and a 60 mile round trip...I have severe mobility issues and have done since my stroke in 85/86. I have no idea how I am getting to this assement ...I specifically requested a home visit stating my reasons including pain and fatigue and distress...I need someone with me at all times and any journey I make as to be carefully considered even hospital ones..if I ring them on Monday and re explain my situation do you think that they will grant me a home assement ??? I am truly at my worsens and feel myself slipping in to despair......Sorry to ask another question but do certain conditions require you to see a doctor I have had a stroke ..so would I see a doctor...or is that only a requirement for esa only ...sorry for all the questions but I have no one else to ask

More
8 years 3 months ago #160267 by Gordon
Jianne

If you want a home assessment then you will need the support of your GP, you need them to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

As to the doctor, there may be a requirement for certain conditions to be assessed by a doctor, but it is not part of the legislation and is not something that the claimant can insist upon, most importantly it is not Good Cause to refuse an assessment, although it is a matter that can be raised in an appeal, but that is hopefully not something you will need to worry about.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #160314 by Jianne1274
Thankyou Gordon

I apologise if I have already submitted this post ...but I really can't remember so ..my question is do the dwp see your how your disability affects you form before or after it goes to atos...or do they only see the assessors report because that would worry me a lot ??? Would it be worth my while sending a copy if my form directly to the dwp..??? I also found out that there is a list of conditions where you should or should not be invited to a assessment centre...now most of my conditions ate on the tentative invite list ..so does that stand me in better stead of getting a home assement with a letter or fax from my g.p....They ask you what requirements you need for your assessment so I said at least 2 people trained and up to date in manual handling skills...as I fall all the time and cannot get up at all without being lifted..they have not adressed this at all which worries me a lot ...surely they have a duty of care and safety...under the reasonable adjustments could I insist upon this ......????? I have just been informed that a close familiy member who has a terminal illness is not supposed to make it through the week...if they don't will it be taken into account if I have to postpone my assement and how long will they give me to grieve and come to some sort of grips with it....this as just added to my stress,and anxiety any advice would be very welcome..sorry for the lengthy post :(

More
8 years 3 months ago #160368 by Gordon
Jianne

The PIP2 is returned to the DWP who scan it and send it on to ATOS or Capita as applicable, so I don't see any value in sending a copy just for the DWP at this time.

The DWP are not medically trained and are reliant on the Assessment Provider for all medical comment.

Although there may be a "list" it is not part of the PIP legislation and therefore cannot be insisted upon even under reasonable adjustments, although that should not stop you from making comment about this.

Have you actually received an appointment yet?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.