× Members

Another evidence question

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #156053 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical Certificate
Hi Chrissie,

I have merged your query with your previous topics about the same subject. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same issue is kept in one place.

It looks as if you have done everything you can to obtain evidence. The simple fact is that more and more medics are refusing to get involved with the claim process and no-one can submit what does not exist!

I see that you have seen your GP records. You could try submitting a SAR for your hospital records - however, your psychiatrist is allowed to withhold anything that s/he believes would not be in your interest to see, so you might still not get full disclosure!

If you do not have 'official' documents in support of your claim, do you have friends or family who would write a letter of support?

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your 'evidence' related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156065 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Medical Certificate
Thank you, I have bookmarked both topics mentioned in your post.
What type of things do medics with-hold which would not be in my best interests?
I need the DWP to know that I have these anger outbursts, as they pose a risk, especially if I was forced to do work related activity, or if I was forced to find work.
I also need them to know I have drink and drug issues as they pose a similar risk.
I am engaging with a drug agency, but I have had these outbursts all my life, and nowhere on my SARS request does it mention these.
I am considering making a double appointment with my GP to bring up this concern, although I don't have a specific GP, but I hope to bring up this concern that I need documentation.
Sorry to ask another question, but how do I obtain SARS requests from the minor injuries unit near me, as I have had a really frustrating time with phone calls and getting nowhere.
I know there might be a charge, but I accept I will have to pay this charge if I want this documentation.
Sorry for all the questions.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156089 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another evidence question
Chrissy

Your Psychiatrist can restrict information but that does not mean that they will, they may restrict it if there is a diagnosis that you are not aware of because it would cause you additional distress if you did, or perhaps someone has no insight to their to their conditions and having knowledge of it would mean that they stopped treatment, there are lots of other reasons.

Sitting down with your GP would seem to be a good start, that way you can make an action plan between you of what you need to do.

for a SAR to the DWP:

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

and for the NHS

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Chrissy

More
8 years 1 month ago #156875 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question
I will reply to this topic tonight. Sorry I have some upset recently and am not good at coping with things i get overwhelmed. Sorry for delay

More
8 years 45 minutes ago #159274 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question

Gordon wrote: Chrissy

Your Psychiatrist can restrict information but that does not mean that they will, they may restrict it if there is a diagnosis that you are not aware of because it would cause you additional distress if you did, or perhaps someone has no insight to their to their conditions and having knowledge of it would mean that they stopped treatment, there are lots of other reasons.

Sitting down with your GP would seem to be a good start, that way you can make an action plan between you of what you need to do.

for a SAR to the DWP:

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

and for the NHS

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Hi Gordon

Sorry for the late reply..
I would be happy if the psychiatrist could tell me my diagnosis, it would not stop me going back for treatment if I needed it.

Thank you for the links you provided me with.
I read the links,
I am a bit confused why I would need to send a SAR to the DWP and have a couple of questions
a) Is this a request to see what medical info the DWP hold on me?
b) Could sending an SAR to the DWP trigger a reassessment of my ESA or DLA as I have a lifetime DLA award and my ESA reassessment was due last year?
thank you kindly

More
7 years 11 months ago #159293 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another evidence question
Chrissy

The link to the DWP SAR system was just for completeness, requesting a SAR will not initiate a reassessment of either your DLA or ESA, it is dealt with by completely different department in the DWP.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris