× Members

Another evidence question

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #159391 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question

Gordon wrote: Chrissy

The link to the DWP SAR system was just for completeness, requesting a SAR will not initiate a reassessment of either your DLA or ESA, it is dealt with by completely different department in the DWP.

Gordon

Hi Gordon and thanks, I feel really reassured by that.
What information would I request in a SAR to the DWP, medical information?
If so, I think I will find out what medical information they hold on me, but if it does not include some existing ones, I wont rock the boat by tellling them, I will wait till my next asessment comes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #159392 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic more questions from chrissy please

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: Hi Chrissie,

I have merged your query with your previous topics about the same subject. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same issue is kept in one place.

It looks as if you have done everything you can to obtain evidence. The simple fact is that more and more medics are refusing to get involved with the claim process and no-one can submit what does not exist!

I see that you have seen your GP records. You could try submitting a SAR for your hospital records - however, your psychiatrist is allowed to withhold anything that s/he believes would not be in your interest to see, so you might still not get full disclosure!

If you do not have 'official' documents in support of your claim, do you have friends or family who would write a letter of support?

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your 'evidence' related queries to this topic ! :)

Hi Mrs Hurtyback
Thank you for your post. I have now bookmarked it as per your advice.
I don't know why more and more medics are refusing to get involved with claims, they get paid enough, but I knw they work hard. Last time in 2013, my GP very kindly wrote by hand a 4 page letter, and didnt charge although I offered.
I cannot help but think that the govt is making the system more kafkaesque and catch22 on puropse, ie, not funding GP's gp's refusing to get involved in benefit claims, when DWP insists on them, what a double, crazy making bind.

I have two more questions please
1)My last SAR to my GP was about a year ago, could I write and request one from then to date?
2)How do I go about obtaining a SAR from my hospital, last time, I rang my local hospital and they didnt know what I was talking about.
They eventuallly gav me the numbr of a private company.
It was a year ago since I last had hospital treatment.

How do I go about obtaining a SAR request from the hospital?
Last time I was there was about a year ago, due to a cut hand, I normally don't feel in the right frame of mind to go to hospital affter one of my 'turns' where I hurt myself, as I hate myself too much to be looked after, but this cut hand would just not heal so Ihad to go.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #159428 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another evidence question

Chrissy wrote: Hi Gordon and thanks, I feel really reassured by that.
What information would I request in a SAR to the DWP, medical information?
If so, I think I will find out what medical information they hold on me, but if it does not include some existing ones, I wont rock the boat by tellling them, I will wait till my next asessment comes.

You can request any documents that were used in the making of any previous Decision, but you need to be aware that they may no longer be available as they regularly destroy old documents.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #159429 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic more questions from chrissy please

Chrissy wrote: Hi Mrs Hurtyback
Thank you for your post. I have now bookmarked it as per your advice.
I don't know why more and more medics are refusing to get involved with claims, they get paid enough, but I knw they work hard. Last time in 2013, my GP very kindly wrote by hand a 4 page letter, and didnt charge although I offered.
I cannot help but think that the govt is making the system more kafkaesque and catch22 on puropse, ie, not funding GP's gp's refusing to get involved in benefit claims, when DWP insists on them, what a double, crazy making bind.

I have two more questions please
1)My last SAR to my GP was about a year ago, could I write and request one from then to date?
2)How do I go about obtaining a SAR from my hospital, last time, I rang my local hospital and they didnt know what I was talking about.
They eventuallly gav me the numbr of a private company.
It was a year ago since I last had hospital treatment.

1. Just specify the dates of the information you want.

2. It's the same procedure but your SAR needs to be sent to the hospital trust's health records manager or patient services manager

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Chrissy

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #159607 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic more questions from chrissy please
Thanks Gordon for advising me that my SAR needs to be sent to the hospital trust's health records manager or patient services manager.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #159712 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question
Gordon very kindly told me on this thread www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=109481 that it was ok to tell the psychiatrist on 2nd June that the ESA and PIP process making my anxiety worse.
He kindly suggested I could request a letter directly from his secretary.
I'm sorry to post again, but would it be ok to ask him to put on his letter that work or work related activity would have a catastrophic effect on my mental health.
Nearly commmitted suicide last year, not purely because of this, other non benefit problems involved.
Many thans

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.