× Members

Another evidence question

More
7 years 10 months ago #165292 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic ?'s & info, re, Gordon's earlier post pls?
Hi Gordon

I now have a CPN, and I have seen a psychiatrist who has diagnosed me with Borderline personality disorder (Emotionally unstable personality disorder) and suggested features of chronic PTSD but the current psychiatric classification systems does not necessarily recognise this as an entity. I agree with his diagnosis.

As far as the ADHD goes, the clinic ran out of funds for this area, and my GP will only apply for them when I am off all unprescribed drugs.

I don't take unprescribed drugs to get high, I take them, because the psych meds I've tried dont work and have horrible effects, and I am scared of losing my temper, smashing up my flat or causing my self injury.

Before I saw the psychiatrist on 2nd June I asked my CPN if she would write a letter as discussed on this thread, to provide as evidence, but she said the psychiatrists letter would be the letter I would use as evidence, however, while I agree with his diagnosis, it didn't specify what would happen if work related activity was forced upon me, or what condition would cause a risk, as per your points made in your post, linked here benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&c...08774&start=6#143670.

In his letter, under the heading of Mental State Examination he said I made good eye contact, but that I had told him I had taken diazepam before coming to see him.
I've been taking 75mg of unprescribed diazepam, and am about to be put on a reduction program with the local drugs agency.
He said I was quite restless, quiet speech, and that I sounded like a small child.
He said my mood was miserable and low, there were no psychotic features and I was cognitively intact. He said I was able to clearly articulate my problems, but I had brought a note with bullet points on to describe my problems, and I don't remember saying much to him.
He sais I was quite knowledgeable about my condition and he felt I was clearly a bright individual.
My CPN is unwilling to write me a letter as described in your post benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&c...08774&start=6#143670 - until the ESA50 comes through the door,.
As the policy in our local mental health team, is to only keep patients under their care, short term, by the time the ESA50 comes through the door I might not even have a CPN, my last assessment was in 2013, and I don't know when I will be invited to apply for PIP as my postcode is SN15.

I have a few questions please.

1) Would I be able to print off your post which I linked above, which sets out what a medical professional needs to specify in order to qualify as adequate evidence, and show it to the medical professionals that I see?
2) Due to the overwhelming nature of my condition, and self harm plus outbursts of rage, I take unprescribed drugs, but this issue will now be addressed by the drug agency in the near future.
Will my unprescribed drug use go against me, when it comes to trying to obtain PIP and to keep my place in the ESA support group, as I have no written medical evidence to suggest I take drugs for to keep me safe from temper outbursts, rather than recreationally?
3)Do you have anything, please, that I can print off, that would show a medical professional, that it is prudent for me to prepare my ESA50form and evidence before the form drops through my letterbox, as I am only allowed 28 days to collect evidence?
4)Do the DWP tend to ignore GP evidence and prefer actual psychiatric staff evidence
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #165333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another evidence question
Chrissy

1. Yes, no problem

2. I don't see why it would but you do need to make it clear that you are taking these as treatment and not habit.

3. To be honest no and it may not be to your advantage if there is a delay in your receiving an ESA50 as evidence can depreciate with age. I wold start by discussing the situation with those who support you, I think that you will find that they will either help you and will do so when the ESA50 arrives or they won't and nothing will change their mind.

4. It will depend on the age and the content.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #168293 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question (update-distress)
I've allowed your post but made the contents confidential, this means that only you and the Moderators can see the content, I am concerned that the content would allow you to be identified and that there are matters that you may not want to be common knowledge.

Gordon

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 9 months ago #168296 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another evidence question
Chrissy

Forgive me but I am uncertain why you made your last post, is it simply an update on what has happened since you last posted or are you looking for comment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #168310 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Another evidence question
Hi Gordon, I was looking as to how I could get evidence. It's terrible, I feel made to feel like a mercinary. I hate relying on the govt for money, would much rather make it myself, but I am just not well enough, and no one in the nhs can see that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.