× Members

Carers Allowance

More
7 years 10 months ago #161626 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Carers Allowance
Hi Gordon, I have read that link thanks, but I read it as that you can only get enhanced premium if I am claiming income based ESA, my husband would be claiming income support as my carer and not sure if it reads that I have to be on enhanced PIP Care ( I am only on standard) or is it the fact that we would get disability premium. It's very ambiguous. The carers premium was used in the calculation thankyou. Sorry about the long query, it's just it is the difference between getting IS or just our own income.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161637 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance

P Thomson wrote: Hi Gordon, I have read that link thanks, but I read it as that you can only get enhanced premium if I am claiming income based ESA, my husband would be claiming income support as my carer and not sure if it reads that I have to be on enhanced PIP Care ( I am only on standard) or is it the fact that we would get disability premium. It's very ambiguous. The carers premium was used in the calculation thankyou. Sorry about the long query, it's just it is the difference between getting IS or just our own income.

Unfortunately, this is why we say you should get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can work out what you will get on each benefit. the calculators are good but they can only work on what you put into it.

Re-reading the link it looks like the EDP for IS is only payable for Enhanced Daily Living or DLA Higher Rate Care and not for ESA SG as it is with ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161668 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Carers Allowance
Ok, thanks for your help Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.