× Members

Carers Allowance

More
7 years 10 months ago #161558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance

P Thomson wrote: Thankyou, the carers allowance have said that they inform dwp and I suspect that because of my pension income that we will no longer be entitled to income related esa anyway, will I still need to contact them, and will the income support continue exactly from when the ir esa ends. I am still entitled to contributory esa, thanks

If you expect the ESA(IR) to end because of the CA income, are you sure that this will not also be the case for IS?

The CA, your ESA(CB) and pension will all be treated as income and deducted £ for £ from the IS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161564 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Carers Allowance
When I did 2 benefit calculations with th cb esa, pension, and carers allowance , one result said we were entitled to £7.20 income support when I put my husband as the first claimant ( this included disability premium and enhanced disability premium) . When I put myself as 1st claimant we were not entitled to any ir esa (only enhanced disability premium was included) Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161567 by Patsy19
Carrying on from my previous note , can you confirm if the enhanced disability premium will be included in income support if husband claims as carer because I am in support group of cont ESA. I thought it was only used if I was claiming IB ESA As a top up. I am only on standard PIP care, but 2 benefit calculators have said we would be entitled to £7.02 iS , but not entitled to income based ESA. Thankyou

More
7 years 10 months ago #161585 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Carers Allowance
Hi, Gordon is not around at the moment and he has a far better knowledge about the premiums than me!

In this kind of situation we usually advise that you get face to face advice as we do not know the details of your household finances (as is right and proper on a public forum!). Try an internet search for 'welfare advice' and your town or postcode.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161589 by Patsy19
Hi, when will Gordon be next doing the moderating. Can you pass these messages to him to look at as you don't have sufficient knowledge of the premiums, or I can resend them when he is back. Due to my illness I need to avoid face to face advice if at all possible, thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance

P Thomson wrote: Hi, when will Gordon be next doing the moderating. Can you pass these messages to him to look at as you don't have sufficient knowledge of the premiums, or I can resend them when he is back. Due to my illness I need to avoid face to face advice if at all possible, thanks

Yes it should be. See

www.gov.uk/disability-premiums-income-support/what-youll-get

You don't mention the Carers Premium on any of your posts!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.