× Members

JSA while waiting appeal

More
7 years 10 months ago #161934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA while waiting appeal

Debbie wrote: I have a small NHS pension. Would that make it income related? They're aware of this on JSA too so I'm a bit confused why their paying mortgage now

Whether you receive Income Related ESA or Contribution Based ESA will depend on your NI Contribution history or your household income, savings and assets and any hours that a partner works.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162134 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic JSA while waiting appeal
Hi Gordon. I went for my JSA interwiew/induction today. They said the new rules are that I have to attend a job club for four weeks Tuesday to Thursday for an hour each day to help find a job. They said this is the new rules when going in to JSA. I can't believe ithat. I said I'm waiting on my esa court tribunal and was told on the phone when I applied for jsa that I wouldn't need to be seeking work if going to appeal. Feel like crying, this is so wrong. Have you heard about this new job club when going in to JSA ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162136 by Gordon

Debbie wrote: Hi Gordon. I went for my JSA interwiew/induction today. They said the new rules are that I have to attend a job club for four weeks Tuesday to Thursday for an hour each day to help find a job. They said this is the new rules when going in to JSA. I can't believe ithat. I said I'm waiting on my esa court tribunal and was told on the phone when I applied for jsa that I wouldn't need to be seeking work if going to appeal. Feel like crying, this is so wrong. Have you heard about this new job club when going in to JSA ?

The DWP make no official distinguishment between "normal" JSA claimants and those claiming JSA while they appeal a Fit for Work Decision. You might be able to negotiate a reduced Agreement due to your conditions but they are not required to make any further adjustments.

You have two options, as you are now appealing you can ask to be placed back onto the ESA Assessment rate while you wait for your hearing, they will only do this once they have received notice of your appeal being accepted by the Tribunal Service and you will need to provide Fit Notes starting from the day after your JSA claim is closed.

If you have not already done so, you can provide a Fit Note whilst continuing to receive JSA and be excused any activities for up to 13 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162137 by Debbie
They said the job club was a new thing brought in a few weeks ago. They also said I have to be actively seeking work even with a sick note? I'm afraid to challenge this as I think they think I'm trying to pull a fast one and don't know who's right now as theyr suppose to know

More
7 years 9 months ago #162139 by Gordon

Debbie wrote: They said the job club was a new thing brought in a few weeks ago. They also said I have to be actively seeking work even with a sick note? I'm afraid to challenge this as I think they think I'm trying to pull a fast one and don't know who's right now as theyr suppose to know

Has your appeal been accepted by the Tribunal Service?

Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #162142 by Debbie
Yes. Got the letter x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.