× Members

JSA while waiting appeal

More
7 years 9 months ago #161922 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic JSA while waiting appeal
He told me over the phone derek, he said to tell jsa at my interview with them that I've done a MR appeal and said I won't have to look for work if I tell them I've appealed . Athough ive gone past thst and now waiting on tribunal appeal.

Does anyone know if esa help with mortgage payments. Jsa will help with the interest payments on my mortgage but does anyone know if esa also help with this. I've been on esa for 5 yrs and I've been paying my mortgage myself but I'm now getting help with mortgage on jsa? so actually feel better off due to them paying the interest. Don't know if I should have been getting extra help for those years I was on esa?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #161926 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic JSA while waiting appeal
You can get help with mortgage interest payments if you are in receipt of income-related ESA (or contributory ESA with an income-related top-up)

www.gov.uk/support-for-mortgage-interest/eligibility

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #161929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA while waiting appeal

Debbie wrote: Does anyone know if esa help with mortgage payments. Jsa will help with the interest payments on my mortgage but does anyone know if esa also help with this. I've been on esa for 5 yrs and I've been paying my mortgage myself but I'm now getting help with mortgage on jsa? so actually feel better off due to them paying the interest. Don't know if I should have been getting extra help for those years I was on esa?

It will depend on whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA or not? If you are then your SMI claim should be transferred automatically.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #161930 by Debbie
I also got told that you can claim esa during appeal if it's an ongoing claim. Eg not a new claim and after 2013.But ok if I was on esa before 2013 when it changed. As people would keep appealing each year so they tried to stop the constant claims for esa during appeals but this was only for new esa claims. Becaude ive been on esa for five years and although I was placed in Wrag group in 2013 they changed the decision to support group after I wrote a letter 6 months later to say I couldn't cope, thanks to your advice back then Gordon, so would this count?

More
7 years 9 months ago #161932 by Debbie
I have a small NHS pension. Would that make it income related? They're aware of this on JSA too so I'm a bit confused why their paying mortgage now

More
7 years 9 months ago #161933 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA while waiting appeal

Debbie wrote: I also got told that you can claim esa during appeal if it's an ongoing claim. Eg not a new claim and after 2013.But ok if I was on esa before 2013 when it changed. As people would keep appealing each year so they tried to stop the constant claims for esa during appeals but this was only for new esa claims. Becaude ive been on esa for five years and although I was placed in Wrag group in 2013 they changed the decision to support group after I wrote a letter 6 months later to say I couldn't cope, thanks to your advice back then Gordon, so would this count?

What you have been told is incorrect!

The rule is that you can be paid the Assessment rate providing this is the first Fit for Work Decision you have had since claiming or receiving an award, whichever is later.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.