× Members

JSA while waiting appeal

More
7 years 10 months ago #162143 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA while waiting appeal

Debbie wrote: Yes. Got the letter x

Then you can ask to be put back on the ESA Assessment rate and close your JSA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162147 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic JSA while waiting appeal
Can you confirm you are right with what you said about jsa and staying in it with sick note as I'd have to go without money again if I came off it and don't want more hassle and form filling and interviews. If your correct il challenge it if I have proof

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #162148 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA while waiting appeal

Debbie wrote: Can you confirm you are right with what you said about jsa and staying in it with sick note as I'd have to go without money again if I came off it and don't want more hassle and form filling and interviews. If your correct il challenge it if I have proof

It is our understanding of what should happen, is there any reason you don't want to claim the ESA Assessment rate, unless you are receiving the Disability Premium while you are on JSA, the money will be exactly the same?

See
search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/rea...claimant_leaflet.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek4

More
7 years 10 months ago #162151 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic JSA while waiting appeal
Yes I'm on the disability premium AND when I went for a medical 3 yrs ago I asked the doctor to put me in the Wrag group as I wanted to see if I could do a bit of work as I'm a psychotherapist by profession & wanted to keep my hand in. He said you don't need to as I've awarded you enough points, but I said I'd like to see if I could do a bit of work so he recomended that i go in wrag.but wrote that i may not be up to it. He was right i could do it so after 4 months i wrote a letter and asked to be put back in the support group.which they did. I'm concerned that this will be classed as an appeal so won't be entitled to go on esa assessment phase because I had it overturned in 2013. Hope you understand what I mean x

More
7 years 10 months ago #162153 by soontjen
Replied by soontjen on topic JSA while waiting appeal
I had exactly the same thing . I didn't sign on and are still waiting for money six weeks later ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #162155 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic JSA while waiting appeal
Thanks for posting that leaflet Gordon.

If only the DWP could understand that some people are too sick to work, and whether it's for 7 days, 14 days, or 13 weeks, the last thing anyone needs when they are feeling unwell is to have to consider all of the options and permutations in the leaflet above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: soontjen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.