× Members

Medical for PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #162676 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical for PIP
Hi Mary,

The fact that you have been given a home assessment suggests that it has been recognised that you suffer from significant limitations. Other than that we cannot draw any inference from it.

You don't have to make any special arrangements for the appointment, other than making sure that you are as comfortable as possible.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #162708 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Medical for PIP
Thanks for your reply Mrs H will the medical be carried out in the same way it would if i attended a designated centre? I have great difficulty walking as i have neuropathy and cant feel my feet or parts of my legs so my balance is really bad my hands are also affected and badly swollen at the moment so using my stick is difficult. Will i attempt to walk if i am asked to do so or will it be ok for me to see i cant but give the reason why? i want to show that im not just saying no for the sake of it.

Mx

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #162718 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical for PIP
Hi Mary,

Yes, the assessment should be carried out in the same way as it would be in an assessment centre.

You do not have to do anything that would cause you pain or damage - but you should make it absolutely clear why you are declining.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #162722 by Mary
Thanks Mrs H for the advice i just want it over and done with its a very stressful process.

Mx

More
8 years 2 months ago #162762 by Mary
Hi Susan i am sooooo sorry i forgot to reply to your message! i have memory problems due to my chemo last year. I feel the same as you i feel like i am doing something terrible by applying for PIP! my medical is on Monday so im starting to stress. I hope yours went ok please let me know how you are and how the medical was.

Big Hugs

Mx

More
8 years 2 months ago #162857 by Mary
Hi everyone hope everyone is doing ok.......i have my medical on Monday so i am trying to have everything ready its a home visit they are coming between 12-2pm. I know they might be early late or not turn up at all! in the case of the latter that they dont turn up do i contact Atos or DWP or both? so that its not seen as my first cancellation and is recorded correctly.

Mx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.