× Members

bipolar and gambling addiction

More
7 years 8 months ago #164825 by crowie53
Replied by crowie53 on topic bipolar and gambling addiction
how do I show that? can you give me an example please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bipolar and gambling addiction

crowie53 wrote: how do I show that? can you give me an example please.

I'm afraid I can't give you an example relevant to your brother, you need to explain

1. What is the health condition and what are the symptoms that cause his problems with making decisions about spending and managing money? For example, learning difficulties or severe fatigue.
2. Describe the problems he has, giving details and examples if you can.
3. If he needs physical help, supervision or prompting, whether he actually get it or not, explain what he needs and why he needs it. If he can’t manage even with help from another person, say so.
4. Say when during the day or night he has problems. For example, is it all the time, mostly in the morning or just in the evening?
5. If his condition varies, from day to day or week to week, try to explain how much it varies and what problems he has when he is at his best, worst and average.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165010 by crowie53
Replied by crowie53 on topic bipolar and gambling addiction
well I have at last finished the pip form and posted it, did my best and will just have to wait and see!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bipolar and gambling addiction

crowie53 wrote: well I have at last finished the pip form and posted it, did my best and will just have to wait and see!

Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: crowie53

More
7 years 8 months ago #165017 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic bipolar and gambling addiction
Well done Crowie, that is a huge step forward!

The following user(s) said Thank You: crowie53

More
7 years 7 months ago #168564 by crowie53
Replied by crowie53 on topic bipolar and gambling addiction - PIP Result
Some good news and some bad.! Brother has been awarded Pip with out F2F assessment, which he was very relieved about He was on DLA middle rate care
and low rate mobility, an indefinite award. He has been awarded Standard rate care for PIp scoring 11 pts to be reviewed in 2019. As his condition had deteriorated recently I was expecting more points, and qualify for enhanced care. He scored only 4 points for mobility, which I believe is difficult to get. Would really like some advice as to whether it is worth asking for a mandatory reconsideration. Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.