× Members

DWP phone call re ESA assessment

More
6 years 10 months ago #191563 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Gaddy

Providing this was the first time that you were found Fit for Work, then when the DWP receive notification of your appeal from the Tribunal Service then you can request that you are put back on the ESA Assessment rate until your hearing is heard.

If you can provide a Fit Note starting from the day after your were found Fit for Work, then the ESA will be back dated until then minus any benefit that you received during your MR (e.g. JSA).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191568 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Thank you Gordon.

When you say the first time you were found fit for work does that include a previous assessment and subsequent appeal that overturned the decision, I think this was 2013/2014. I was originally awarded 0 points then but awarded 27 at appeal. This took place the same year but before Mandatory Reconsiderations became part of the appeal process.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191571 by Gordon

Gaddy wrote: Thank you Gordon.

When you say the first time you were found fit for work does that include a previous assessment and subsequent appeal that overturned the decision, I think this was 2013/2014. I was originally awarded 0 points then but awarded 27 at appeal. This took place the same year but before Mandatory Reconsiderations became part of the appeal process.

That doesn't count as the FfW Decision was overturned, so you should be OK to claim the Assessment rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #191577 by Gaddy
Thanks again Gordon at least I can get back to some kind of income be it somewhat reduced!

Have you any idea of current wait time for tribunals please, I am in the South East, Surrey?

More
6 years 10 months ago #191580 by Gordon

Gaddy wrote: Have you any idea of current wait time for tribunals please, I am in the South East, Surrey?

Contact the TS they should be able to give you an idea on wait times.

Gordon

More
6 years 10 months ago #191581 by Gaddy
Thanks Gordon, will do.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.