× Members

DWP phone call re ESA assessment

More
6 years 9 months ago #193282 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Ok thanks Gordon, will wait to see if I get the call tomorrow morning then if necessary take it further with a complaint/contact my MP.
Such hard work and anxiety just to get the DWP to pay benefit you are entitled to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193352 by Gaddy
Hello again Gordon,
Have now registered a complaint with the DWP, phone call due this morning never happened nor the one I was told I would have by the end of today when I phoned again this morning.
I waited an hour to get through late this pm to make my complaint but did get a phone call after 6pm from a Call centre Manager who had spoken to ESA department and apparently they have promised to look at my claim tomorrow morning. Not that I actually have any faith that will happen but it made me feel a bit better at the time! And apparently I will get another call within 48 hours from the resolutions department regarding my complaint.
So its another wait and see what tomorrow brings(if anything at all!) Will definitely contact my MP if they fail to call again.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193365 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Gaddy

They do seem to be able to make the simplest of things very complicated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193403 by Gaddy
Thanks for the advice Gordon, received voicemail message today that my claim had been re opened and money would reach my account today....and it has! The complaint had the desired effect. Lets hope that's the end of worrying about payments and I can start to prepare for my appeal now.
Have been advised wait times for tribunal in Greater London/ South East are currently about 4 months.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Gaddy

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #206143 by Gaddy
Hello All

Its been quite a while since I last posted re my ESA journey, like everyone else who goes to appeal I have been playing the waiting game and not enjoying it one bit!
So today I finally had my tribunal....and I won. To say I was stressed about attending is probably an understatement, however I had representation from Mind and what I thought was an excellent concise submission outlining all the descriptors I should have scored for and evidence to back this up. However towards the end of a rather rushed appeal with questions from the Doctor that did not seem relevant it came to light they did not have my submission!
I was able to provide a copy but as they were running late (I understand they allocate 40 minutes per appeal) I was devastated when the Judge said they needed time to read the submission, couldn't do it now and they would ring later today with the result.
After the build up to today and then to not come away with a result was something I hadn't put into the equation. My distress was there for all to see including the clerk who had made the error.
So I came back home and as the afternoon wore on began to lose hope of getting a result today. Then I received a call from that same clerk to tell me that I had won my appeal! That's all she could say so no idea at this stage if I have made it to SG or how the points were allocated.
It perhaps is not the most satisfactory way to get a positive result but it is a win nevertheless.
Just need it in writing, being sent tomorrow apparently.
So a huge thank you to all at B&W for providing your excellent guides and of course to the moderators for the brilliant job they do. A special thank you to you Gordon for all your help, for quite some time you were running the forum solo which is no mean feat when you have your own health to manage. I hope you all feel really proud of the job you do.

So now onto PIP, had the face to face so now awaiting the result. Expecting more of the same to be honest!

Thank you again
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.