× Members

DWP phone call re ESA assessment

More
6 years 9 months ago #193168 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
Hello Gordon I have just come off the phone from DWP trying to get my ESA reinstated and have been told they are waiting notification from the Tribunal Service. But this was sent 23rd June (I checked) along with my own notification. They have the fit note on record I sent and I included in that letter a copy of the Tribunal letter. The person I spoke to was insistent she was correct and just kept saying the same thing. Do you think I should ask to speak to a manager at this stage, or is it normal to take this long to put an ESA claim back in payment?

Your advice much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193171 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phone call re ESA assessment
GAddy

It normally takes the DWP 5-8 week to process a Tribunal Result and this assumes that they have received the Decision Notice, or rather have not lost it as the TS send the letter to a DWP nominated email account.

Yes, escalate the problem to a manager, if they have had two copies of the notice then they are doing a particularly bad job of dealing with your appeal win.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193189 by Gaddy
Hi Gordon I have yet to go to tribunal, I want my ESA reinstated at the assessment rate whilst waiting for a date to go to my appeal! I shall take your comments as a positive omen!
I called back again and spoke to someone who was more helpful. I have been told to expect a call back, my request has been emailed through apparently. Lets hope so.
Anyway will keep you posted and thank you for your ongoing support

More
6 years 9 months ago #193210 by Gordon

Gaddy wrote: Hi Gordon I have yet to go to tribunal, I want my ESA reinstated at the assessment rate whilst waiting for a date to go to my appeal! I shall take your comments as a positive omen!
I called back again and spoke to someone who was more helpful. I have been told to expect a call back, my request has been emailed through apparently. Lets hope so.
Anyway will keep you posted and thank you for your ongoing support

OK! So they are waiting for notification from the Tribunal Service that they have accepted your appeal, it can take 7-10 days to get to the right office, but you are clearly past this time. You could try contacting the Tribunal Service to see if they will send another notification.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193265 by Gaddy
Hello again Gordon, the DWP did not call me back, no surprise I guess, I then rang again, waited 40 minutes to get through and have been told the request for a call back had not reached the right department yet! So presume they are snowed under but would be more helpful to not promise the return phone call within time constraints they can not currently deliver.
Now been told I will receive a call back by 9.33 am tomorrow . They have the Tribunal notification and fit note they just have done nothing about it and presume they won't unless I keep ringing.
I am finding this part of the process really stressful even though having been through an appeal previously so sort of knew what to expect, persistence seems to be the only way forward.

Lets see if I get the phone call tomorrow.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193279 by Gordon
Gaddy

I would think about making a complaint to the DWP

Complaining to the DWP

You might also want to involve your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.