× Members

PIP Medical

More
6 years 1 month ago #208999 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Medical
Steven

Assessors are trained in disability functional assessment, I believe the course is six weeks, but don't quote me on that.

If you are hoping to use lack of experience as an argument for your appeal then you cannot assume this based on the assessors training or previous experience. You must provide specific examples from the report of opinions that they have stated, that someone with more experience of your conditions would not have made.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #209007 by steven
Replied by steven on topic PIP Medical
Thanks Gordon

I wasn't going to use it on its own no,

I had to go and see a psychiatric a few weeks ago for my work accident claim and I got his report back the other day, He diagnosed me with Adjustment disorder with depression,

I am going to say "this is what ATOS said with their vast training ( they said basically because I made eye contact and didn't throw a wobbler during the assessment then I was mentally fine)

and this is what a Consultant psychiatric Dr has said.

His report will make good medical evidence I feel !

ThANKS

steve

More
6 years 1 month ago #209019 by Gordon
Steven

Just remember that it is your limitations in regard to the PIP activities that are being assessed, not your conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #209045 by steven
Hi Gordon

I will remember that yes,
Am I allowed to ask the DWP for a transcript of the conversation I had when they phoned me the other week offering me lower/lower ? There is something in that conversation that would be of use to me ?

Thanks

steve

More
6 years 1 month ago #209059 by Gordon

steven wrote: Hi Gordon

I will remember that yes,
Am I allowed to ask the DWP for a transcript of the conversation I had when they phoned me the other week offering me lower/lower ? There is something in that conversation that would be of use to me ?

Thanks

steve

Yes you should be able to get a copy, contact the PIP helpline

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
Textphone: 0800 121 4493
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

You may be asked to make a Subject Access Request

Subject Access Request.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

More
6 years 1 month ago #209089 by steven
Thanks Gordon

Your a star !

steven

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.