× Members

What to do next! H

More
6 years 2 months ago #210215 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H
butterfly

Needing assistance to get in and out of a standard bath should score 3 points but you will need to explain your problems in detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210223 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic What to do next! H
Yes that’s what I thought. Assessor has put partner helps me in & out of the bath, but I’m able to use the bath handles to stand
Scored me 2 points
Only received 4 altogether for daily according to my f2f medical assessment.
I supplied lots of evidence from 1997- 2018
Not sure what else I could provide!

More
6 years 2 months ago #210228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H

butterfly wrote: Yes that’s what I thought. Assessor has put partner helps me in & out of the bath, but I’m able to use the bath handles to stand
Scored me 2 points
Only received 4 altogether for daily according to my f2f medical assessment.
I supplied lots of evidence from 1997- 2018
Not sure what else I could provide!

So the extra point won't get you an award, so you need to look at where you could reasonably score another four points from.

Did your GP provide a letter?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210235 by max7months
Yes, she did Gordon, but didn’t specifically mention any particular activity. Just said I have problems with daily living with every aspect.
I have an appointment on Friday so think I will ask her to maybe do me another letter, with extra evidence about the aids I use for preparing a meal & toilet needs & actually put that I need them & why.
I suppose when I go GP. It’s normally to talk about medication/pain or feeling low etc.
I don’t really go into how I cope & also it’s what I’ve been doing for years so it’s natural for me now & it just becomes part of your daily life!

More
6 years 2 months ago #210239 by max7months
Oh & maybe the use of my dosette box & phone reminders. Although I am able to put the pills in myself & take them.
I was advised by my local pharmacist on my review with them to use one as I was forgetting to take them sometimes or I couldn’t remember if I’d taken my tablets. Each day has four compartments & it’s been much better! Whether that would score me a point maybe not as I’m in control of my own medication.
Thanks very much for your replies Gordon it really does help when you feel confused & your knowledge is wonderful. Thankyou Butterfly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris