× Members

DLA to PIP ready steady... forms gone ?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #231526 by CLINE
Hi All
Been a member for quite a number of years and dip in and out to see what's happening. It is 6 years since I was transferred from IB to support group ESA
With the help of Gordon and CAB.
Did it with the guides and putting my trust in B&W and my evidence this time. Will keep you informed of my progress, so far had a text message confirming receipt.
Fingers crossed
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #231966 by CLINE
Replied by CLINE on topic DLA to PIP ready steady... forms gone ?
Update:
Had a phone call telling me an assessor is in the area next week and they gave me a 2 hour time slot. So I agreed.
As my conditions are invisible I would appreciate any tips on a home assessment?
Thanks folks

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #231969 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP ready steady... forms gone ?
CLINE

A home assessment is not significantly different from one held at the assessor's offices, the PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #232002 by CLINE
Hello all
Just read a post about driving a car and PIP.
I do own a car but very rarely drive it, it would have to be a real emergency if I did. Not sure how to get that across at assessment next week.
Could anyone advise Please?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #232006 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DLA to PIP ready steady... forms gone ?
Hi Cline
If they ask you about driving then explain how frequently do you drive, when was the last time and for what purpose, did you go on your own, was it to some where you had been before, are you able to get to place you have not been before on your own these are a few of the types of questions you may be asked.
If you do drive do you have to take additional medication, do you drive a manual or automatic, do you have a car under the motability scheme?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #232011 by CLINE
Hi Gary
Thank you for that advice. Strange after thinking I was prepared things come up I hadn't thought of.
I had botox injections for my migraines done at hospital yesterday and they accidently pierced a blood vessel. I have a black eye this morning, not sure how to explain that on Tuesday!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.