× Members

Relevance of a Diagnosis

More
1 year 9 months ago #271886 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
HI UC

Good luck, the waiting time for an appeal varies across the regions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #273812 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
Good Morning everyone!
My Brother in Law decided to appeal against his PIP Award, and so off to Tribunal it went!

Communication from the Tribunal Services was excellent. Obviously, this triggered a DWP audit of my Brother in Law's PIP change of circumstances.

Before the date of the Tribunal was established, DWP contacted my Brother in Law to advise that they had looked at his claim again, and had decided to award him the Enhanced rate of Daily Living, but no ward of Mobility, up until 2024, backdated to May 2021. He was previously one point short of the enhanced component of this element of PIP.

My wife was my Brother in Law's nominated representative and she was able to discuss direct with DWP via telephone the implications of this updated award.

My wife felt that the DWP representative was helpful in explaining the reasons for not awarding anything for Mobility component. Long story short, but this would require a new PIP claim.

So, somewhat of a victory for my Brother in Law. He is happy with the outcome.

It just shows that it is always worth persevering with the challenge of a DWP decision! They do get it wrong!

Good luck to everyone on this journey!

More
1 year 6 months ago #273829 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
Hi UC:

So glad that your brother-in-law has had an outcome that he is happy with. Well done to you all.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.