× Members

Zero points for my friend.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270790 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Zero points for my friend.
HI all,

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a big response. Thank you all for your support and well wishes for my friend!

I have to respect his wishes, however. When I spoke to him yesterday he wanted to 'let the dust settle' first before deciding on what to do next as he was so upset.

If he's anything like me he'll decide to do what's right and fight his case. I will then help him as if it were my own personal case.
Now I am pensioned off, so to speak, it will give me new project to concentrate on which I feel I need.

I used to hate my reviews and all the stress but I do miss (I must be mad) what it feels like to win.

Kindest regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270796 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi phrank

Give yourself a pat on the back for helping your friend.:silly:

Whilst waiting for the dust to settle it would be a good idea to contact DWP and get a copy of the assessors report (PA4), I know we bang on about getting a copy of the report but it is so important. :woohoo:

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270810 by phrank
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your post. Really appreciated.

He already has the assessment report which I pushed him to ask for stressing the importance of getting it as soon as possible.

I'll speak to him next week and see where he wants to go from there.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270847 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi Phrank

As Gary says you are a good friend. Remember that your friend can always put in for a late appeal and just explain that he was too unwell to put in for it immediately. That might give him some breathing space. I'm not an assessor and I don't know your friend, but from what you have said the nurse was a fool (and that is the politest thing I can say)

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
1 year 10 months ago #270874 by phrank
Hi all,

Well forget about challenging the assessment report. The decision letter came today in double quick time. He only receieved the assessment report on Thursday!

Anyway, he has decided he wants to fight on, for good for him. I told him because of it being a first claim and getting a zero points recommendation, to challenge it at this point would have almost certainly failed.

He can on relax a little now as we both put the MR argument forward.

It seems it was the fact that he can drive that cost him so that is what we are working on.

Also the fact that he is still waiting for two hearing aids cost him as the assessor repeatedly said that he had no problem hearing her despite the fact that his wife had to intervene frequently throughout. He also had the speaker on full volume close to his ear.

And so it goes on.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 10 months ago #270881 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi phrank

Look at the post LL26 wrote on PIP and driving, I stuck it at the top as I thought it was well written and answered a lot of questions we get asked on the forum. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...8543-pip-and-driving

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.