× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #113932 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Still no news today so now I guess I will have to wait until at least Monday next week. If the Tribunal have agreed with DWP then I just have nowhere to go. As I have been on Incapacity Benefit since January 1997 I do not know anything about the "Job Market". I do have a current "Sick Note" which runs until March 2014 - is there anything I can do???

GP says I am not fit to work, DWP say I am - this just feels like an easy way for the government to reclaim some money meanwhile my health problems will continue to get worse because I cannot afford the treatments, supplements etc. which have helped me somewhat.

I guess you will say I have to wait and do not think negatively but unfortunately this is the reality of how I am feeling.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #113935 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Judith

I am afraid the only immediate option would be JSA, assuming that you are well enough to comply with the requirements for it, which from your posts I doubt.

Apart from that, if you are not already in receipt of DLA, then you can make a new claim for PIP, but nothing will be paid until an award is made, if it is, which is likely to be at least three months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #113938 by Judith
I am on indefinite DLA but just the lowest one.

The other point which confuses me is that I am ill-health retired from my job but the DWP say I can work? :angry:

Thank you Gordon anyway.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #113939 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: I am on indefinite DLA but just the lowest one.

The other point which confuses me is that I am ill-health retired from my job but the DWP say I can work? :angry:

Thank you Gordon anyway.

Unfortunately the DWP view is that your ill-health retirement simply means that you could no longer perform a job at that employer, it does not mean that you cannot perform any job, have you thought about apprenticing as a brick layer :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #113941 by Judith
Oh Yes Gordon, frequently :laugh:

I was a Medical Secretary to a Consultant Psychiatrist so if I am unable to do that ..... God only knows what I could do.

Have a good weekend, I will be back when I know either way.

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #113970 by Judith
Monday

Still no envelope (tribunal last Wednesday). So I decided to phone the Tribunal Service and they were as much use as a chocolate teapot. So as the days are ticking on I am getting more and more stressed alongside grieving for my foster daughter :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.