× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 5 months ago #147202 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic PIP and the start of the process
Very intense reading MrsPussycat. Give yourselves a pat on the bak for effort you both put in there. Reminded me of the work we both had too put in for hubby's last claim form with the DWP which resulted in 3 years ESA support group without Face to Face.

The whole PIP process looks daunting,although from start to finish the many points you raised,the way you went about it,and the time we all have to complete this journey will be very handy for many more disabled people when we all eventually join the DLA - PIP process.

I hope you have success with this,and once again would like to thank the B&W website for helping us in the past and hopefully help many more in the future.

Our Fingers are crossed for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #147253 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Good evening,

Many thanks for the very kind comments.

Posted it all off this morning - special delivery at £7.20, and it should be there by Wednesday 1pm.
Have emailed our MP to say it has been sent so they are kept in the loop and spoken to my CPN today who I rarely see. In fact only see her when out n about and have a chat then.

All the best

More
8 years 5 months ago #147339 by sally-jane
Good evening,

Here we are today with the latest news.

Husband had a txt that states 'Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you form' we may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We will contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of your details have changed since you wrote in.

So at least I now know they received it before the deadline date.

thank you

More
8 years 4 months ago #149461 by sally-jane
Good morning one and all.

Latest information on my travel thru DLA to PIP.

This morning the post arrived, dreading the brown envelope thru the letterbox. No brown envelope, phew.

Wait a minute, in a white envelope from 'ATOS Healthcare', was a letter 3 pages, informing me that I was to have a 'Home Consultation'.

Date set is for Wednesday 10th Feb, between 10.30 and 12.30.

So all in all, fairly good so far, in so much as a letter, clearly laid out with all the information, given a good two weeks before the appointment, and the fact that they had read my PIP forms and ancillary paperwork and GP letter requiring a home visit.

I shall keep you posted

Fingers crossed it all goes well

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #149465 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP and the start of the process
Best wishes.
Please let us know how the visit went.

More
8 years 4 months ago #149468 by sally-jane
Hi there,

Many thanks.

Emailed our MP to let them know we have received the letter re the Consultation date at home,to keep them informed, as he is extremely supportive and likes to be kept in the loop.
He sent a really excellent supportive letter along with the PIP form.

Now all I can do is wait and see how the day pans out on Wed week and the resulting result.

I must admit I was mega hoping they had enough information to support a paper based assessment for my PIP, as I have received with my 3 times previous ESA assessments. (Next ESA due after June this year)

Good luck all out there
The following user(s) said Thank You: foss27

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.