× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 4 months ago #150324 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Panic set in.

Tomorrow between 10.30 - 12.30 my PIP Assessment is due to take place at home. ( Obviously they did read the ancillary notes/letters provided)

We are quietly confident that I should get into the enhanced rate of PIP in both mobility and care, however with how ATOS/DWP now seem to act my panic/depression/CFS and pain from my prolapsed discs has well and truly flared up is going thru the roof. Anxiety obviously playing a major part in this.

My husband is taking the day off from work in order to be here.

Both my OT and my ME advocate, offered to be present, however we felt in unfair to let them keep a whole day free, just for me, moreover, we are all acutely aware that ATOS may well change or cancel the appointment.

So I shall keep you updated tomorrow after the appointment.

I am not normally concerned over such issues as this, however with the way things now are, I am getting into a real state.

I feel really concerned for those whose anxiety/depression and such like make a major impact on their lives and are due for assessments for both ESA and PIP.

Good luck out there for one and all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #150394 by sally-jane
Re tomorrow.

We did not send in a copy of my 'Care package assessment report' when I sent of the PIP2 form and ancillary paperwork, as it was dated 2012 Dec.

I contacted the Adult Social Services re doing a new assessment and explained that nothing much has changed, in fact I am a little worse than when it was completed last.
Due to cuts they think it is not a requirement to complete another assessment just yet.
Do you think it prudent to show the Assessor a copy of the report and see if they wish me to photocopy it and or send it in as an added paperwork inclusion. ?

Panic and worried beyond belief

More
8 years 4 months ago #150413 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process
PCM

If you think that the report offers insight into your limitations then I would include it, I certainly would not ask the DWP or the assessor whether they want it or not, I think you can guess what their answer will be!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #150460 by sally-jane
Good afternoon.

PIP Assessment today

Appointment time 10.30 - 12.30 due to arrive.

The lady Assessor arrived at 10.25.
Length of time of the visit 10.30 - 12.10 = 1hour 40 mins

She said who she was and what she was here to do.
She was polite, kind, helpful and prompted when needed.
She said she had been provided with full and comprehensive form filling and ancillary reports etc which we had included.
She said she had more than enough information and was not sure why an assessment was required.
The computer was used extensively, noting all questions and answers provided.
She went thru the computer questions and typed and noted how I was and how I behaved throughout the assessment.
She asked at the end of the questions a few others which were;
100 - 7 =?
£2 -£1.75 if I was shopping.=?
Remember 3 words, cat, house, car. 2 mins later asked me to repeat the three words remembered.
My husband was able to answer all the questions thru out and prompted with no problems In fact she welcomed his in put.
Physical contact and medical bits were only
fore finger to thumb on both hands, thump to all finger tips, grip strength.

That was it.

She said we would here from the DWP, after she had written up her full report in which would be completed today.
In a few weeks we would here from DWP.
She said it was not up to her to say what group or if we would get PIP.

We felt it was a positive assessment, however it depends on the DWP Decision Makers result to what really transpires.

I am exhausted and in fact so is my husband who has now gone for a nap.

More
8 years 3 months ago #152167 by sally-jane
Good afternoon,

Update.

Arrived home to see a 'Brown Envelope' on the mat, heart began racing, feeling sick, wanted the loo the lot, just cos a letter on the mat!!!

Opened it with trepidation, it just states 'thank you for all the information we have received we shall contact you in due course to let you know if you have been successful in obtaining PIP.

So a wait of just over 2 weeks to receive a letter telling me I shall have to wait longer for them to decide the outcome.

So more nights of angst, sleeplessness, fear, panic etc, what awful people these DWP people are, it is as though they can weald the stick to beat us well and truly, obviously all mini hitlers!!!

Please,Is it worth contacting them now for a copy of the report etc from the 'HCP' report following her visit 3 weeks ago, (and whom and how do I ask for it) or should I await the outcome first, and then ask for a copy of everything that helped them to come to whatever decision they are to come too!!!?

Many thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #152212 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process
PCM

You can request the report now by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, they may not send it until a Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.