× Members

DLA

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145142 by Tigerlily11
DLA was created by Tigerlily11
Hi. I have just received a DLA form to complete and return. I live in Northern Ireland. I had got DLA indefinitely so thought I would be left until they changed to PIP. It is a DLA 300A (Rev) form though I'm not any wiser. I am really worried about this and would appreciate any advice at all.

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145163 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA
Hi Jessica,

It sounds as if you might have been selected for review under the Right Payment Programme, a certain number of claimants are reviewed like this every year.

The Right Payment Programme

I am afraid you have no alternative other than to complete the form as requested. Don't forget to make full use of our DLA guide!

DLA renewals and change of circumstances

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145174 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, just my luck :(

I will make a start on the DLA guides. Am I right in thinking that I have to show them the amount of care I need and not just list my illness?

Jessica

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145183 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, just my luck :(

I will make a start on the DLA guides. Am I right in thinking that I have to show them the amount of care I need and not just list my illness?

Jessica

Absolutely! DLA is awarded because of your care/mobility needs, not because of your diagnosis.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tidied up quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigerlily11

More
8 years 5 months ago #145319 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA
Hi

Can I just ask what do you think is the main difference between DLA and PIP and in your opinion is it harder to get PIP than it is to get DLA?

Thank you
Jessica

More
8 years 5 months ago #145333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Hi

Can I just ask what do you think is the main difference between DLA and PIP and in your opinion is it harder to get PIP than it is to get DLA?

Thank you
Jessica

PIP has been deliberately designed to reduce the disability budget by at least 20% as a result some DLA clients will receive no award on transfer and many will receive a reduced award, as an example the walking distance for an Enhanced award of Mobility (equivalent to DLA HRM), has been reduced from 50m to 20m

DLA looked at the amount of care that a claimant needed, PIP looks at the severity of their limitations in regard to a number of activities, as an example; someone with moderate care needs both day and night would have received DLA HRC but may only qualify for a PIP Standard award for Daily Living (equivalent to DLA MRC).

There will be some winners, for example someone with severe limitations but only during the day or the night may now be able to qualify for an Enhanced award of Daily Living and those who qualified for qualified for DLA LRM due to mental health, cognitive or sensory issues but also had some problems with walking may now be able to qualify an Enhanced Mobility award as the two are no longer separated by the Regulations.

For more details have a look at the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.