× Members

DLA

More
8 years 6 months ago #146239 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA
I see. Thank you very much Gordon.

I do not know what I would do if I did not have this help.
You are all doing a fantastic job and must have the patience of saints.

Jessica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #146240 by Tigerlily11
Sorry Gordon, just to be clear. In the How Often box, does it mean how many day I have difficulty or does it mean how many times I have difficulty with chairs, stairs etc in the day?
Sorry for being a pain.

Jessica

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #146262 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic DLA
The How Often question is related to the reliability test of repeatedly, without pain etc.
You need to be affected at least 50% of the time so which timeframe you use doesn't really matter so if it is days it needs to be at least 3 and 1/2 days a wek or at least 12 hours a day or at least half the times you do something.

More
8 years 6 months ago #146595 by Tigerlily11
Hi

I am still filling in my DLA Review.
I am at the question asking how long each time in minutes I need help with food or drink. Can I just write it varies rather than giving an exact number or do they want a number?

Thank you
Jessica

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #146619 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic DLA
Hi
You need to relate this question to the answer above to your earlier enquiry.

It is neccessary to show you need help at least 50% of the time. You can be clear that it fluctuates but you should give some examples of how long it took. The thing they are looking for is that it takes at least twice as long as it would take the average fit person.

More
8 years 6 months ago #146631 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Hi

I am still filling in my DLA Review.
I am at the question asking how long each time in minutes I need help with food or drink. Can I just write it varies rather than giving an exact number or do they want a number?

Thank you
Jessica

You do need to explain the time required as DLA awards are based on the amount of care you need and this is calculated from the time you put on the form. If it varies then explain this and give examples of the time for each example of how you are effected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.